Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: WHY, is this so difficult? Exactly!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/27/20 9:42pm Msg #623674
I don't exactly have room to talk about this 'cause bookkeeping isn't my favorite thing, but I nearly always mark an account paid before I deposit any checks. I'd think it would be obvious that a check wasn't for me once I went to endorse it.

I can't count how many times I've mailed back a check that wasn't meant for me. I always figure that someone else somewhere is wondering where their payment is for that signing, right?! (I even got a check once from a title company that must have been meant for escrow - because it was much bigger than mine! It came in the same envelope as my check. I contacted them, but no one ever replied with what to do with the check so I eventually just shredded it.)

IMO, we should have integrity in every aspect of our businesses. But yeah, it's pretty frustrating to have to waste time on stuff like that. It's almost as bad as getting a check that you don't have any idea how to apply. Sometimes the company that issues payment is a different name from what they gave when scheduling the appointment. If there's just an order number, no borrower name or signing date, I have to go through my all records one by one to try to figure out what that check is for. Hate that! (Maybe I should tract an order or file number for every job I do, but I didn't set up my system to track that way back when and it would be too complicated to try to do it now. Frown Fortunately it doesn't happen too often any more.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 WHY, is this so difficult? - Alz on 8/27/20 8:58am
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? -  VT_Syrup on 8/27/20 9:50am
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? - Luckydog on 8/27/20 12:00pm
 Apparently, my check was accidently put in the - Alz on 8/27/20 12:50pm
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? - RickG/CA on 8/27/20 12:52pm
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? - RickG/CA on 8/27/20 12:54pm
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? - Luckydog on 8/27/20 1:40pm
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? Exactly! -  Yoli/CA on 8/27/20 2:40pm
 Re: WHY, is this so difficult? Exactly! -  JanetK_CA on 8/27/20 9:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.