Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Not true. That's only part of the story.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 9/25/20 11:39pm Msg #624901
First, I never trust at face value anything from the NNA. Keep in mind that they have no actual authority. They're just a business that specializes in selling stuff to notaries.

Check with the SOS website for the specifics, but here's what I recall from last time I checked: The impacted expiration dates start some time in March, and then are only good for 60 days. I had to turn down one DL within the last couple of weeks that was expired in early March, I believe, so we're well past the 60-day extension. (Fortunately, this guy had one of the old military IDs that still have a physical description.)

Also, I believe the notes on the SOS website on what to put into our journal require more than "covid". I think we're supposed to document the Executive Order number that created the extension of expiration dates. But don't take my word for it, either! Wink
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Ca Driver Lic. Expired and it was issued... - Calnotary on 9/21/20 7:42pm
 Re: Ca Driver Lic. Expired and it was issued... - Calnotary on 9/21/20 8:10pm
 Re: Ca Driver Lic. Expired and COVID DMV closed - Jules on 9/22/20 3:48pm
 Re: Ca Driver Lic. Expired and it was issued... - Angela Frame on 9/24/20 12:08am
 Not true. That's only part of the story. -  JanetK_CA on 9/25/20 11:39pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.