Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Deed of Trust
Posted by HisHughness of ? on 6/22/04 11:44pm Msg #3371
This can get complicated. For anything a signing agent would be doing with a Deed of Trust, I'd suggest that you just assume that she has an interest in the subject property. The nature of the interest -- community property interest, undivided interest, etc. -- shouldn't be of any concern for anything you would do as a signing agent; that's the title company lawyer's responsibility. In fact, about the only thing I think a signing agent needs to worry about is if a spouse in on the deed. If so, he/she signs it. If not, he/she doesn't.

As an aside, in community property states, the spouse acquires an interest in spousal property just by virtue of being married (that's an overly broad statement, but I don't want to bog this thing down). So, even though the other spouse elects to assume sole responsibility for paying the loan and thus is alone on the note, both spouses' names go on the deed.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Deed of Trust - ME~MS on 6/22/04 6:45pm
 Re: Deed of Trust -  PAW Notary Services on 6/22/04 11:23pm
 Re: Deed of Trust - HisHughness on 6/22/04 11:44pm
 Re: Deed of Trust -  PAW Notary Services on 6/23/04 8:42am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.