Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: she went beyond white man
Posted by Luckydog of FL on 3/9/21 1:49pm Msg #630260
"white privilege" is grouping all Caucasians as a whole. Just as other races do not like to be stereotyped and grouped that way, other races seem to feel is just fine and dandy to call all white-skinned people "privileged" and it's okay.
Certain slang terms can reference certain individuals in your own race and are acceptable and okay, but if someone outside that race should say it, it is racist. We are far from being equal when groups keep thinking the worst of each other based on skin color and keep that division alive and well.
I agree with Carolyn, I never felt privilege from anyone because of my color and felt society's harshness when losing my job, and homeless years ago as a young adult. Where was that so-called privilege then? I was dead broke, homeless, and hungry like the rest of those people who failed and lost everything. My skin color gave me no special privileges, trust me, if they did, I would have accepted them. You try, fail, pick up the pieces and move along figuring it out on your own.

Everyone is responsible for themselves no matter what race or skin color, and every person needs to own their actions, choices taken, and what spews from their mouths. It's so easy to blame some "entity" for our own indiscretions and think it's okay, it's not. All this stems from home...how the children are raised, what they see, how they chose to learn, and what drives them, and what is expected. If they fall short, well, let's blame someone for not having the opportunity...it's there, they just fail to achieve.

We are not living in the past, but the present. If you live in the past, you stay there and wallow in it, and the past injustices. I think we can all be better than that in the new century, but some can't let it go. jmo
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What are the Issues Exactly?? - NVLSlady/VA on 3/9/21 12:14pm
 Taking some liberty w/the "impartial" context. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 3/9/21 12:17pm
 Re: she went beyond white man - Carolyn Bodley on 3/9/21 12:33pm
 Re: she went beyond white man... Right. - NVLSlady/VA on 3/9/21 12:50pm
 Re: she went beyond white man - Luckydog on 3/9/21 1:49pm
 Sorry should be in politics, beating a dead horse here n/m - Luckydog on 3/9/21 1:56pm
 In JP, but Not a "dead horse." - NVLSlady/VA on 3/9/21 4:05pm
 Well said, Michelle!! n/m -  JanetK_CA on 3/9/21 8:23pm
 Continuing this is just as inappropriate as the OP, IMO. -  MW/VA on 3/9/21 6:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.