Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Tomorrow March 11 marks the 1st yr anniversary of COVID-19
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 3/10/21 8:13am Msg #630291
pandemic, announced by the World Health Organization. Luckily, I barely missed a beat, and thankfully no one in my network was COVID-19 infected, but I heard about plenty of people who were not so fortunate.

Restaurants are starting to open up again. The miniature golf park is open now, masks required of course. Beaches are reopened. COSTCO and TJs are now back to full capacity, except the little food kiosks, which wont be back for a long time. I miss the library, hotel lobbies and Starbucks for signings, I've had to get creative beyond any expectations. It's been a wild journey! We're all cautious and happy to be back home to safety and warmth.

Business has been over the top! What a blessing, huh? People are so grateful that I make the trip, and load me up with water, snacks, avos (had a signing at a huge avocado ranch this week), wine, and of course, everyone is happy to be saving a ton of money in interest, remodeling, upgrading, even moving up, down and out of area/state. Lots of activity.

Not so fortunate are the many small businesses that have closed in our country. The fallout of this event has not been fully realized. There certainly has been a lot of good. Our Food Banks have never had such a enormous response to community needs for people who lost jobs and income, homes, their routine lives, etc.

It's been a year all right! I'm just feeling incredibly grateful and humbled by the recent pandemic. I have the best neighbors who've helped me in so many ways, and my vendors have been very flexible and steadfast.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Tomorrow March 11 marks the 1st yr anniversary of COVID-19 -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/10/21 8:13am
 February 27th Was My One Year COVID-19 Anniversary - PegiT_MN on 3/10/21 8:59am
 Re: February 27th Was My One Year COVID-19 Anniversary -  JanetK_CA on 3/10/21 3:24pm
 COPY THAT, JANET! -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/21 8:36am
 Re: February 27th Was My One Year COVID-19 Anniversary -  Cheryl Elliott on 3/11/21 8:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.