Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Unlimited Ink Notary
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/23/21 12:17am Msg #631613
On the "Previous" page, read the thread with "bait and switch" in the first subject line. There is absolutely no way I would accept those terms - and I doubt very many others here would, either. You should not be responsible for sending the documents back to them. SOP in this industry is for the title company to include a prepaid shipping label with the documents. Unless they paid you really, really well (which I'm guessing they didn't), you probably lost money by doing that signing.

Unless you messed up in some way that caused a delay - which changes all of the above - THEY should have offered to pay for a messenger if documents were needed that urgently. If your actions contributed to the situation, then yes, you should take responsibility for getting things fixed to the best of your ability. (And it happens to all of us at some point in our careers. We call that the costly school of hard knocks.) But neither should we make the mistake of letting ourselves get pushed into doing work for which we're not fairly compensated. [Look up what they would have paid a messenger service to do that round trip...]

I also recommend reading this forum every day because you will learn tons.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Unlimited Ink Notary - Karen AK on the way on 4/22/21 11:02pm
 Re: Unlimited Ink Notary -  JanetK_CA on 4/23/21 12:17am
 Agree. It is imperative for all professionals, wanna be - Alz on 4/24/21 12:20pm
 BTW, thanks for linking your comments to SC. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 4/23/21 12:20am
 Re: Unlimited Ink Notary -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/21 7:55am
 Get a load of this... -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/23/21 8:09am
 Re: Unlimited Ink Notary - SteveS/CA on 4/23/21 3:31pm
 Re: Unlimited Ink Notary - Luckydog on 4/23/21 8:16pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.