Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Suggestion needed!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/25/21 3:47am Msg #632334
That's a really tough part of our business, which is very cyclical and depends a lot on what is happening with the economy. Learning as much as possible about the real estate market can help. Other notaries often post interesting links here on this forum, which can be very helpful. Reading here every day is also important. You never know when you might pick up a little tidbit. You may also want to see if you can find a mentor (e.g. someone from SCORE) who could help you with that question. (Don't ask another notary - especially in your area - to mentor you. If they know enough to train someone, they're too busy, and they don't have any incentive to train their competition.)

Lots of what has been keeping notaries very busy in the past year or so is the low interest rates. It's made it very favorable for people to refinance their homes to lower interest rates. But most of the people who wanted to and could, have already done so. I've been warning here for a very long time that when interest rates start going back up (which is already happening to some extent) that business could slow down for us. Frankly, I believe this is a very tough time to break into this field and it could take a very long time to get established enough to make a profit.

One thing that could be an asset for you is speaking Mandarin, depending on where you live. I can recall more than one situation where I had to leave an appointment because one of the signers didn't speak enough English, so we needed to find a Mandarin-speaking Notary. I didn't know anyone to refer them to, so I just referred them to Notary Rotary. (BTW, checking the Find a Notary tab above is one way to get an idea about your competition - but they only list the first 25 in each category, i.e. Premier members and free memberships.)

Be sure to create a decent profile for yourself here and wherever else you decide to list yourself - but don't copy anyone else's. (And since English isn't your first language, it may be a good idea to have someone proof-read if for you for grammar, etc., so you can make the best impression.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Suggestion needed! - YI Luan on 5/22/21 6:23pm
 Re: Sug. MHO, get Comm ASAP. Can already make $ & experience n/m - Heather Reinhold on 5/22/21 8:05pm
 What state are you in? It's showing AK (Alaska) which is -  MW/VA on 5/23/21 12:19pm
 Re: What state are you in? It - YI Luan on 5/24/21 4:33pm
 Re: Suggestion needed! -  Mike Goodey on 5/23/21 12:47pm
 Re: Suggestion needed! - YI Luan on 5/24/21 4:36pm
 Re: Suggestion needed! -  JanetK_CA on 5/23/21 1:36pm
 Full time NSA your time gets determined by your customers. n/m - jnew on 5/23/21 2:51pm
 Re: Suggestion needed! - YI Luan on 5/24/21 6:58pm
 Re: Suggestion needed! -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/21 3:47am
 Congratulations! - NVLSlady/VA on 5/23/21 3:38pm
 Re: Congratulations! - YI Luan on 5/24/21 7:07pm
 If you are Applying for Training, start Here. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 5/23/21 3:50pm
 Re: If you are Applying for Training, start Here. - William Waddell on 5/24/21 8:00am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.