Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Agree. Dont contribute to keeping deadbeats in biz!
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 5/25/21 1:54pm Msg #632357
I agree with Yoli and Cheryl. I realize that saying no to any offer for work is very difficult when trying to get something going, but in a sense, it's just delaying the pain - or passing it on to someone else.

Some of these unscrupulous outfits have been stiffing notaries for more than a decade. They survive by preying on new notaries who don't know better (or are just trying to "get some experience", and they're laughing all the way to the bank, living high off of someone else's efforts. Some just reinvent themselves under different names periodically, but continue the same unethical practices. (I'm not saying that's always the case when a company changes its name - but only because I haven't bothered to research it.)

Some of those who've taken a long time to pay and made you chase after your earnings, have ended up going out of business when the work volume slowed down. They didn't manage their funds well and then shut their doors, owing notaries lots of money never collected. At some point, I think it's likely we'll see a bunch of that happening again, as interest rates go up.

We've been saying for years that if the bad guys can't fill the assignments, the title/escrow companies have to either hire a notary directly or go with a different signing service to find notaries. Wouldn't it be great if the good signing services had more work to offer and had to expand their lists, giving new notaries a chance to work for someone who would actually pay them - and more promptly and generously?! Or even better, if you could nab some direct work, keeping the whole fee vs. having a signing service keep half or more (or all, if they never pay the notary...)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing - Ivette Ivettes Notary services on 5/24/21 5:06pm
 Re: Signing - Carolyn Bodley on 5/24/21 5:24pm
 Re: Signing - Dallas Mobile Notary - Dallas Mobile Notary on 5/24/21 6:05pm
 Re: Signing - Ivette Ivettes Notary services on 5/25/21 3:49pm
 Re: Signing -- Ivette ... -  Yoli/CA on 5/25/21 3:58pm
 Re: Signing - Carolyn Bodley on 5/26/21 10:10am
 Re: Signing - Solutions - Business on 5/24/21 5:50pm
 Read this forum! -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/21 3:59am
 It's all about you and what you're willing to do to market -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/21 6:57am
 Re: It - William Waddell on 5/25/21 10:48am
 Re: It -  Yoli/CA on 5/25/21 12:02pm
 Agree. Dont contribute to keeping deadbeats in biz -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/25/21 12:26pm
 Re: Agree. Dont contribute to keeping deadbeats in biz! -  JanetK_CA on 5/25/21 1:54pm
 Re: Signing - Luckydog on 5/25/21 2:00pm
 How about giving the company that you took your -  Cheryl Elliott on 5/28/21 10:31am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.