Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Huge round stamp Big rectangular ones, too
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 4/16/23 12:18pm Msg #645174
Yes, that is exactly what happened! In FL we have black ink, but it took up about 30% of the wording that covered the acknowledgment! I didn't think it would record, so the other notary had a nice small one about 1" tall and 2" long, and they made a copy "just in case" of the backup I brought.
It's funny because the day before I did a closing for a contractor and he told me if I ever needed anything notarized he'd do it for me, but truthfully too far away. Around here, anyone would be hard-pressed to make money from GNW, too many places for free except for loan docs.
Another strange thing is they just electronically record it, she told me to hang on to it, but they usually don't need it. After the fence goes up, permitted, nobody comes and checks either if done properly. I don't really like that idea since I am paying for a permit in the first place and that service. The same thing happened with the windows, they said it was a Covid thing.
I think now this is just a money grab for the county. Why get a permit if nobody follows up? I guess it's in the records (hopefully) and if they approve it, and an issue, it falls back on them.
Through this whole process I found out the survey I paid for is wrong, and the neighbor is 6" over with her fence on my side. That's coming out now anyway, but it's crazy they get paid so much and don't actually do a thing, including measuring properly and making a note of it.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Huge round stamp - PaigeTurner on 4/14/23 4:12pm
 Re: Huge round stamp Big rectangular ones, too - Lee/AR on 4/14/23 6:06pm
 Re: Huge round stamp Big rectangular ones, too - PaigeTurner on 4/16/23 12:18pm
 I switched to a round stamp a couple of years ago & -  MW/VA on 4/15/23 9:10am
 Re: I switched to a round stamp a couple of years ago & - PaigeTurner on 4/17/23 9:19am
 My round stamp is only 1 1/2" in diameter. Works great! n/m -  MW/VA on 4/18/23 9:36am
 i have three seals: round, rectangle & very small rectangle. n/m - Colonel/IA on 4/15/23 12:23pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.