Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Newbies, read this thread too.
Posted by Phillip/TX of TX on 9/26/07 4:59pm Msg #213320
What I have seen is that the signing services are still being paid the same, as you can see it on the HUD, so that line of bull does not work with me. If they call me and want my services, they will pay what I ask or they can move on to the next one...

I had an heated debate with a signing company last week, would SO like to mention their name... they called me wanted me to drive 85 miles one way for a eDoc closing and pay me $65.00. I told them I would not even get in the car for less than $100. and my normal fee for that range was $150.00 for a first only, and if I was to have to fax ANYTHING back it would be another $20.00 on top of that... so of course she goes... well I will have to call everyone else in your area and get back to you. So like 4 hours later, my phone starts BLOWING UP from them, because they cannot find ANYONE in my area to do the closing for them. So I am in a closing (not professional to answer your cell in a closing), when I get out I check my laptop for emails... I see that they have assigned this closing to me for $95.00.... which I never agreed to do. I call the borrower (reverse mortgage so older man) tell him I would see him the next day, I then try to call the company... no answer... so I send an email... that I never agreed to do this closing for $95.00 and that it has been assigned to me, but they needed to have my information updated that I do not work for them for less than $95.00 base fee with eDocs, faxing, excess mileage etc figured after that.

So the "head" lady sends me an email to cancel this signing with me... tells me that my services are not needed.

Next day I get a call that they need me to do the signing, my fee was $300 flat. They paid it, I saw on the HUD that they were being paid $175.00 and I now the Title Company, and I know that is their normal fee, and it has been for years... so they are just trying to put the funds in their own pocket (the signing companies) when we are the ones that do all the work and have to put up with them... they prolly won't be calling me back for any more closings, but if they do, my fees are gonna be far closer to the $175 than they are to $65.00.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing Fees -  Carol Kempton on 9/26/07 1:49pm
 Re: Signing Fees - notary4az2 on 9/26/07 2:42pm
 Newbies, read this thread too. - CJ on 9/26/07 3:39pm
 Re: Newbies, read this thread too. - Phillip/TX on 9/26/07 4:59pm
 Re: Newbies, read this thread too. - Todd/OH on 9/26/07 5:06pm
 Wouldn't that be hilarious? - CaliNotary on 9/26/07 8:56pm
 Re: Newbies, read this thread too. -  Realstar on 9/27/07 8:51pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.