Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: 21st Century Real Estate Investment Corp - Loan Modification
Posted by  MikeC/NY of NY on 8/27/08 8:02pm Msg #262108
It's not uncommon for borrowers with "bad loans" to get a mod that changes the terms of the loan - the whole point is to keep them from defaulting, and some lenders will do whatever they can to make that happen. None of the mods I've done so far have involved additional funds from the borrower, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything (and I've never done a mod for this company).

The fact that the borrowers have to come up with $3000 is not your concern - you have no idea what the facts are behind the transaction, nor do you need to know. We've all seen deals that make you want to grab the borrower by the ears and scream "WTF are you thinking?!?", but that's not part of the job description. Ours not to question why, etc, etc....

You might try googling that company to see if there's any info about them. The bottom line is that if you're uncomfortable with the situation for whatever reason, you should just turn down the assignment. Better to do that now than to beat yourself up later over whether or not you did the right thing, right?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 21st Century Real Estate Investment Corp - Loan Modification - m_fl on 8/27/08 7:24pm
 Re: 21st Century Real Estate Investment Corp - Loan Modification -  MikeC/NY on 8/27/08 8:02pm
 Re: 21st Century Real Estate Investment Corp - Loan Modification -  Doris_CO on 8/28/08 12:20am
 I do Loan Modification...not as a signing agent but... -  Bing on 8/29/08 12:34am
 Re: 21st Century Real Estate Investment Corp - Loan Modification - Yamileth Cruz on 3/11/09 9:12pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.