Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge?
Posted by Mystic of CA on 8/26/09 8:55pm Msg #301861
It IS done in California, in fact it is the FIRST DUTY of a Notary Public if you look up duties of a notary public in the government code and in the Notary Handbook. It is a DUTY, not an option to present bills for payment and certify the dishonor thereof, If we are not supposed to be doing it, why is it still there and the FIRST duty? I do it all the time. I don't prepare the documents for people, but I stamp, sign and mail for them. Once I was able to defend against an attack by the California Bar association who was trying to frighten me out of doing it, but I was able to explain my understanding and he admitted I was doing nothing wrong. if you don't want to do it, send them to me, I am ok with it. Many notaries are NOT, though and when I called the National Notary Association to ask about this after the first time I was asked to do it for someone and I was a bit uncomfortable, I was told "we don't do that any more, it is old law". Well, if it is old law, it has not been modified and when I read the code myself, I realized we COULD do it, it is just not something they want people to do. Usually notaries who work for banks and some title companies are the only ones taught to do this.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 What is notary presentment and what would you charge? - Shoshana Roller on 8/18/09 7:55am
 Googling: Presentment sorta like Protest. I wouldn't do it. n/m - Lee/AR on 8/18/09 8:02am
 Assuming it's legal in AZ, why wouldn't you do it? n/m - Shoshana Roller on 8/18/09 8:13am
 Re: Assuming it's legal in AZ, why wouldn't you do it? - Lee/AR on 8/18/09 11:28am
 Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge? -  PAW on 8/18/09 8:02am
 Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge? - Shoshana Roller on 8/18/09 8:12am
 I take that back. - Shoshana Roller on 8/18/09 8:34am
 Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge? - Mystic on 8/26/09 8:55pm
 Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge? -  Jim/AL on 8/18/09 9:34am
 Jim, I called SOS office about one year ago to get - Michelle/AL on 8/18/09 2:42pm
 Re: What is notary presentment and what would you charge? - Katie family name Lee on 2/11/10 9:42pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.