Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

redistricting maps
Posted by PaigeTurner of AK on 6/18/22 8:17am Msg #80984
There could be if you poke around that website. I found the new redistricting maps and the Dems picked up 6 seats while the Republicans didn't gain any.
http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/redistricting-2022-maps/?cid=rrpromo

If you scroll down the page, you see how the partisan makeup of each state has changed. Interesting

Although Republicans went into the cycle with control over drawing more districts, the number of Democratic-leaning seats actually increased as a result of redistricting. The new maps have six more Democratic-leaning seats than the old ones and the same number of Republican-leaning seats. This is due to aggressive map-drawing by Democrats in states such as Illinois as well as court decisions overturning Republican gerrymanders in states like North Carolina.

After accounting for incumbency, however, Republicans are actually the ones who have gained ground from redistricting: The GOP is positioned for a net gain of three to four seats in 2022 just thanks to the new lines alone. Republicans have benefited from their own brazen cartography in states like Florida and courts striking down Democratic gerrymanders in Maryland and New York. Republicans have also shored up their existing position by converting light-red districts into safer seats in states like Texas.

PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 This is sort of fun...as of todays date - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 2:33pm
 Re: This is sort of fun...as of todays date - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 2:34pm
 I’m really not surprised, I wonder - shooterclay on 6/17/22 10:54pm
 redistricting maps - PaigeTurner on 6/18/22 8:17am
 You've misrepresented data in your linked article. -  JanetK_CA on 6/19/22 6:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.