Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

You've misrepresented data in your linked article.
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 6/19/22 6:48pm Msg #80995
"...the Dems picked up 6 seats while the Republicans didn't gain any."

That isn't what the article said and is factually incorrect, based on what is stated there. A more careful reading of the content will show that the gain of 6 seats referred to is for Democratic LEANING seats. Probably important to note that there's no mention of the fact (based on the graphic provided there) that the number of "solid" seats increased by 8 in the Republicans' favor.

Since your last two paragraphs were directly quoted from the article, thought I might as well add the last paragraph, FWIW:

"Partisanship aside, there are two other important takeaways from the 2021-22 redistricting cycle. First, the number of swing seats will continue to decline; the new maps have six fewer highly competitive districts than the old ones. And second, people of color will remain underrepresented in Congress."

BTW, if this is an example of how well some people are processing info out there (not to mention how much of it is being spun and distorted by how it's presented), the polls aren't really surprising.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 This is sort of fun...as of todays date - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 2:33pm
 Re: This is sort of fun...as of todays date - PaigeTurner on 6/16/22 2:34pm
 I’m really not surprised, I wonder - shooterclay on 6/17/22 10:54pm
 redistricting maps - PaigeTurner on 6/18/22 8:17am
 You've misrepresented data in your linked article. -  JanetK_CA on 6/19/22 6:48pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.