Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: And here it is...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 8/7/21 7:25pm Msg #33316
Maybe their crystal balls are still a little bit foggy? Wink We'd all love to have all the answers right now, but as the article explained so well, finding them isn't as easy as we'd like. I thought it did a great job of outlining at least some of the challenges and complexities of uncovering the facts.

Thankfully (unlike with politics... Wink), scientist don't come up with recommendations by making projections from prior perceptions or anecdotal experiences. Instead, they test, measure and draw conclusions from actual observed data. And, of course, that takes time, if done right. I guess we all just need to hang in there and be as careful as we can in the meantime.

What concerns me is that even boosters may not be enough to provide protection for some immuno-suppressed people because the vaccines (at least the Pfizer and Moderna ones) work by creating an immune response within the body. (I'm not sure if the same is so with the J&J vaccine.)

I guess we'll learn more and more as time goes on.
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 Sign of Booster shots to come? n/m - Bear900/CA on 8/6/21 3:49pm
 Oops - Bear900/CA on 8/6/21 3:53pm
 And here it is... - Bear900/CA on 8/6/21 4:22pm
 Re: And here it is... -  JanetK_CA on 8/7/21 7:25pm
 Re: And here it is... - Bear900/CA on 8/13/21 5:05pm
 epidemiologist, Dr Brilliant, says we should get booster now - sigtogo/OR on 8/11/21 7:17pm
 Re: epidemiologist, Dr Brilliant, says we should get booster now - Luckydog on 8/18/21 9:03am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.