Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust Politics
Discussion involving leisure activities: books, travel, hobbies, sports, Internet fun and more. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series
Posted by Bear900/CA of CA on 12/2/21 5:20pm Msg #33801
I 'tried out' Disney Plus on Roku last year for $69.99 and didn't feel it was worth it. I set a reminder to cancel the automatic renewal and missed it! Charged $79.99, so I thought we should check it out Thanksgiving Day. I remember they wanted a $30 premium just to watch Jungle Cruise last year. We watched it w/o paying extra on TG day. It was an alright fun move.

But then....I saw Get Back just started...whoa! It's been worth the renewal. Episode 2 is close to three hours long, so I have to break it up. There is no "resume watching" feature, so I try to remember where I left off. It can get long...but also gets better and better, so far.

Watched another half hour of episode two and really liking it. Great color footage and candid remarks the Beatles were known for. But mostly, feeling like you're right there in the studio as they are making up songs. That's a jolt!

They were short a keyboard player in the few minutes I watched when Billy Preston dropped by. Problem solved! And they were all having fun again.

I can see myself watching parts of this over again. I mean, I watched Across the Universe three times! How does one do that? Oddly, I didn't like it the first time. Second time was depressing almost to the point of crying (recollections good and bad of the '60s) but I enjoyed it. Third time was an absolute high and amazing to hear the quantity and quality of music they put out. They are 80% of my Sirius XM listening while driving. Otherwise, I find them just okay. Smile
PrevNextReturn to Leisure

Messages in this Thread
 The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - Bear900/CA on 12/1/21 12:15am
 I really want to see this, but dropped Disney+ & won't -  MW/VA on 12/1/21 9:30am
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - MikeC/TX on 12/1/21 5:29pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - Bear900/CA on 12/1/21 8:43pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - MikeC/TX on 12/2/21 4:35pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - Bear900/CA on 12/2/21 5:20pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - MikeC/TX on 12/3/21 3:56pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - Bear900/CA on 12/3/21 4:31pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - MikeC/TX on 12/5/21 5:10pm
 Re: The Beatles: Get Back documentary series - Bear900/CA on 12/5/21 8:14pm
 I did sign up for 1 mo. of Disney+ to watch this. I wasn't -  MW/VA on 12/7/21 7:37am
 Re: I did sign up for 1 mo. of Disney+ to watch this. I wasn - Bear900/CA on 12/7/21 9:35am
 Re: I did sign up for 1 mo. of Disney+ to watch this. I wasn - Bear900/CA on 12/7/21 9:40am
 Re: I did sign up for 1 mo. of Disney+ to watch this. I wasn - MikeC/TX on 12/7/21 4:02pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.