Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID
Posted by SC/CA of CA on 6/17/20 11:14am Msg #74974
My husband had the same exact experience taking dexamethasone for his auto immune disease.
The side effects were bad. He couldn't get any sleep and was completely strung-out. There was also concern for long-term steroid use. Now he goes in for steroid shots as needed for extreme flare-ups. It's tough because the inflammation travels: skin (body-wide rashes), lungs (COPD), stomach, head, leaving granulomas behind. The disease is still unknown (after 6 years of going to good docs at UCSF), with a current leaning toward histiocytosis. He went from cycling 20 miles a day to work, to not working at all and being hyper sensitive/reactive to everything. It’s so weird. But his mind and spirit, (and sense of humor!) are very strong.

He didn’t try taking dex at night, for it to kick-in in the morning, as you did. That’s a good suggestion. We brought all of his unused meds back to the pharmacy already, for their disposal program.

He takes GABA (a supplement, approved by his doctors) which seems to help with the nervous system response, and it calms him to help him sleep, along with magnesium.

He was also prescribed hydroxychloroquine (for inflammation), but there were so many drugs that he tried, I can’t recall why it didn’t work or why he was taken off. He was a guinea pig for awhile.

I feel for you, Mike, and wish you well. I make lavish healthful meals for my husband, which is fun, but I’m gaining weight! And not from the food, but from the accompanying wine ! My de-stressor needs less calories ! :-)
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/16/20 5:17pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID -  JanetK_CA on 6/16/20 6:49pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/16/20 7:07pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - SC/CA on 6/17/20 11:14am
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - shooterclay on 6/16/20 7:00pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/17/20 4:51pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - shooterclay on 6/17/20 9:00pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/18/20 5:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.