Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Notary WorkJust PoliticsLeisure
Political discussion involving past and present political events, candidates and elections. Please read Msg #1 before posting.

Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID
Posted by MikeC/TX of TX on 6/16/20 5:17pm Msg #74962
The same large-scale study that determined that hydroxychloroquine was useless in treating COVID just turned up a promising treatment that has shown results with patients on respirators and patients on oxygen reducing deaths by 20% or more. It does NOT do anything for people who are not already in respiratory distress so hopefully, people won't try to hoard it.

The drug is a steroid I have used as part of chemotherapy, dexamethasone - or as we call it "dex". It's cheap and readily available, and those of us on chemo who take it pretty much hate it because of the side effects, but I doubt those side effects will affect someone on a respirator or receiving oxygen. I'm just kind of blown away that these little pills that I've despised for years turned out to be therapeutic for COVID patients.
PrevNextReturn to Just Politics

Messages in this Thread
 Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/16/20 5:17pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID -  JanetK_CA on 6/16/20 6:49pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/16/20 7:07pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - SC/CA on 6/17/20 11:14am
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - shooterclay on 6/16/20 7:00pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/17/20 4:51pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - shooterclay on 6/17/20 9:00pm
 Re: Finally - a drug that actually seems to work against COVID - MikeC/TX on 6/18/20 5:15pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.