Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #648412

1 replies
The Doc Signers--G/B/U? Most recent review in SC from 3/2022
By Lee/AR on 5/10/24 11:08pm

4 1/2 stars back then. With the low offer I got today, I'd give 'em 1 star.

Msg #648409

3 replies
Notary Stamp
By  walthtz on 5/10/24 1:27pm

Hi.
Anyone know where I can purchase a "VISION CLARITY" stamp?
it used be available here, but no more.
This stamps has a very small footprint & its great for those small places.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Walt

Msg #648399

3 replies
A job opportunity
By Mike Goodey on 5/6/24 6:49pm

Got a text at 12:30 today for a sining in Chino Hills at 2pm. The message 'Good Afternoon Mike! This is Ashley from "". I was hoping you were available today @2pm to do a loan Purchase at location: ...Wandering Ridge Way Chino Hills 91709.Thanks!"
So instead of just saying "Yes" I replied "Depending on fee, number of pages and notarizations." Still waiting for response....lol

Msg #648394

2 replies
Noble Notary Orange Park, FL
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/6/24 4:35pm

Any one heard of this company?

Msg #648391

0 replies
Some Linkyo toners back on Amazon n/m
By  Yoli/CA on 5/6/24 12:08pm

Msg #648389

2 replies
Smartest Closings, LLC Overland Park, KS g/b/u?
By Lee/AR on 5/6/24 9:40am

Supposedly over 1000 jobs on SD, so somebody must know something. Nothing in SC or search. Google shows a site 'parked on GoDaddy'.

Msg #648380

5 replies
Got hit with two opportunities to spend $$ for training
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/5/24 3:22pm

and directory subscription at a deep discount.

It's that time of open season on notaries to line the pockets of other notaries (barely seasoned) whose bank accounts need infusion of cash.

Sigh! Unsubscribe.

What I would like to know is why notaries with 20 plus years' experience need to spend money on your genX notary training for bird seed fees! Meanwhile, you want to know who we work for by giving references, and to cut our teeth on your idiotic training modules.

Msg #648373

2 replies
I'm back
By Tracy Walters on 5/3/24 3:21pm

Hey Guys and Gals!

I got out of the game for a couple years, but I'm back. So I'm glad the loan closing world in IL now employs online notarizing. It took them long enough.

So, I'm trying to pick which company I should go with for a notarization platform and my head is spinning. Can anyone throw a few names out you trust? Thanks so much!

Msg #648370

1 replies
First American New Platform
By Erika/2020 on 5/2/24 6:31pm

I had heard that First American title was going to switch to another platform instead of snap docs has that happened yet? Does anybody know what the new platform will be?Thanks!

Msg #648368

1 replies
Toner cartridges
By desktopfull on 5/2/24 2:19pm

I have 8 new PTQ6511X toner cartridges for a HP Laser Jet: 2410/2420/2430/2400 or a Canon LBP 3410/3460. I have long since retired due to illness and if anyone can use these cartridges you can have them. Just pay for the shipping or arrange to pick them up. You can notify me by sending a message and I will get back with you.
Thanks

Msg #648366

1 replies
Beware Dawn Fenney The Notary Company
By Patricia McDaniel on 5/2/24 12:22pm

I was not careful with this assignment or I would have turned it down. This was a non-payment for an application and I was later told she does not pay until closing.

Msg #648353

9 replies
How would you handle an overpayment?
By  Yoli/CA on 5/1/24 1:46pm

This is primarily for newbies.

I had a signing last week that cancelled the first day due to numbers not being correct and then being rescheduled for the following day. On day one, I expected to receive a trip and print fee only.

Today, I get the e-check and it's for $125 more than expected for the entire invoice for that assignment (2 trips). I called SS and inquired. He said that e-check is for last week's assignment and the one for (name, in Newcastle) in March that he hadn't yet paid. Okay, thanks!

It didn't sit right with me. Did I miss invoicing for an assignment? I always generate an invoice regardless of whether a hiring party requires it or not -- just for my records and really helps at tax time. I reviewed that SS's customer statements in my bookkeeping program. Sure enough! That name was signed in Newcastle in March ... of 2022 ... and SS paid my fee that same month. Called him back and advised of my findings. He was very appreciative of my honesty and ethics. By the way, he's the same way. While on the phone with him, I rejected the (overpayment) e-check on that system and he immediately turned around and paid my invoice by credit card in my bookkeeping program.

Some people would argue that I should've just taken the e-check and not questioned it. That perhaps it was just a gesture of goodwill. Personally, I had to discern the motive. If SS wanted to give me a bonus, so be it and THANK YOU. If not, well let's find out and work it out.

Reputation is everything in this business. Smile

Msg #648350

6 replies
Perplexed re. a client's request after recent Apostille
By  Cheryl Elliott on 5/1/24 12:21pm

This is a real brain teaser. Recently I prepared an apostille request for a lady who was born in Germany, and her mother is still there, in her 90s, wanting to gift her a sum of money before she passes.

The notary in Germany sent back the apostille and said it is worthless.

His note (handwritten in scrawl on a 3x3 postit) reads:

This needs a consent to the contracts uuz-nr 1895/2024 1905/2024.

Well, I know nothing of German consent to (blah, blah) and neither does my client.

Is there anyone out there who knows what is being requested? I am wondering if the German Consulate in LA would be of assistance.

Anyone out there with other ideas? My client is very confused.

Msg #648337

4 replies
you can't make this up
By Blueink_TN on 4/29/24 2:58pm

Had a purchase signing and when I confirmed, I was told to call when I got to the gate and they'd let me in. Well, the gate was open, so I drove in and the borrower was surprised and said "dang it, they are supposed to keep the gate closed". Looking around and seeing no other homes, I said something like oh, you must have kids. She said no, the home was sold and she thought they had 30 days to vacate, but actually had zero. The new owners arrived from out of state, moving van and all~ they had nowhere to go, so they were all living in the home TOGETHER! I noticed they had several dogs on the property and mentioned that at least it looked like the dogs all got along. She said the dogs were all hers but the new owners brought nine kangaroos and they were being kept in the barn. She said they were smelly, lol.

They couldn't wait to finish the signing so they could start moving~hopefully the sales contract said immediate occupancy. Wink

Msg #648331

1 replies
Good idea
By Sophia Orozco on 4/29/24 12:37pm

I live in some what remote area since I started I have encountered bad no payers
This is after printing 2 copies scan backs and making sure it got to fed ex on time ..then wait 30 days with no pay so now if I have not worked with company I politely tell them that due to to many bad players I am only able to do there notaries if they prepay Venmo ,Apple Pay or Zelle
If they say no they move on if they really need it to be notarized so they will receive there commission they don’t have a problem with it … I send a receipt so they will get reimbursed

Msg #648327

16 replies
COLLECTIONS 101
By  Cheryl Elliott on 4/29/24 10:57am

Some notaries who have exhausted many methods of collecting delinquent fees from SSs have employed the following means as a final demand.

Send a certified letter along with a 1099-C form advising that agent will be writing off the amount owed in 14 days and sending the 1099-C form to the IRS letting them know the debt was written off and they would need to claim this as income and this could possibly trigger an audit of their business. The same day the SS confirmed receipt from USPS that they got the letter, saying the money would be in agents account in three days.

It nets great results and is a clear winner to get paid promptly.

Msg #648324

7 replies
Right Hand Service - No Pay/Slow Pay
By BCLGroup on 4/29/24 9:43am

I just wanted to give a heads up on Right Hand Notary Services. I recently did “3” signing for them. One in February and then two in March.

I have not been paid as of yet and I have had to call now for the fourth time today. They have about a 30 day net pay. As much as I don’t care for this I make sure that I have work so that I don’t have to worry much about funds that pay out in 30-45 days.

They are located in Houston, Texas and when I called about the first check (which is now over 60 days past due) I was told the post office advised them it it would take 5-7 business days. The interesting thing is it does not take that long to mail from Houston to Austin. My family lives in Houston and I have lived in Austin for 17 years now.

Then when I called after the 7 days I was told to give it a couple of more days then they will place a stop pay.

So I am calling today, again to inform them that I have yet to receive payment.

Be cautious of this service! I am not sure why these notary services do this. You get people saying they have to run a business etc. Yes, they do but learn how to run your business. I have worked in a title office and files fund normally the same day or at least within about 3-5 days unless there are some circumstance that delays funding. The point is that everyone is paid when the file funds. I work direct with title companies and other services that pay within 7 days (yes they are out there).

Be cautious of this company. I will be calling again today.

Msg #648322

2 replies
us signings
By Daneya Eid on 4/29/24 7:10am

It is been a year and they never paid me. They marked my order paid through deluxe and deluxe claimed they created a check but the company never assigned it to my email. I called more than several times to explain this, and the company ignored me and just never paid!!! what a shame it was only $75!

Msg #648319

2 replies
Republic First Bank - first bank collapse of 2024
By  Yoli/CA on 4/27/24 8:24am

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/republic-first-bank-seized-by-regulators-first-bank-collapse-of-2024/ar-AA1nK17h?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=518e23335c7746ebba8cfaa75fec4810&ei=43

Msg #648311

5 replies
Good grief! S Pkg. w/28% consulting fee?!?
By Lee/AR on 4/25/24 7:50pm

One of those 'we buy homes for cash' outfits. Yet the CFPB is all over Realtors about 5-6% commission splits?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.