Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #511902

6 replies
HEADS UP: Just received a 'Private" call (no caller ID)
By  Christine/OK on 7/17/14 1:58pm

caller said he represented a 'Firm' that is "working with the members of the Notary Rotary to collect funds due to notaries for outstanding accounts."

Msg #511899

4 replies
ENS Inc., 714-720-3155 G/B/U??
By  Yoli/CA on 7/17/14 1:20pm

Received a text from them last night for a last minute reverse mortgage signing within 15 miles of me for $90. Only info I have is:

- text came from 415-877-4567
- name on text is from Kevin Stead/Sr. Partner, ENS Inc., 714-720-3155

Of course, I wasn't available for that fee. Just wondering who they are. Googled, used orange search and looked in SC.

Thanks!

Msg #511890

6 replies
Hope 4 Hope
By Patricia Engfer on 7/17/14 11:47am

I too regret taking an assignment from this company. Four months & not paid. Amy Muro told me the rep had no business agreeing to my fee.

Msg #511889

5 replies
BGC NR
By  Linda Juenger on 7/17/14 11:46am

How long does it usually take for the BGC from NR to come back? It was submitted on 7/3 and I still don't have it 2 weeks later. Kind of bummed. I really need it.

Msg #511880

4 replies
New to me => url to Search for Notary Law changes by State
By  Christine/OK on 7/17/14 6:02am

http://www.nationalnotary.org/knowledge-center/news/law-updates?page=1

Msg #511879

5 replies
lexmark e260
By sheltn on 7/16/14 10:19pm

When is it time to buy a new printer?
The pages are getting stuck. Finally bs picked up and I can't
Believe I have to buy a new printer. It is 3 yrs old.
Has anyone had this problem with this model?

Msg #511872

3 replies
had a good laugh today....
By notarydi/CA on 7/16/14 7:06pm

Had a signing last night....dropped docs first thing this morning at the escrow office....Escrow Officer takes the signed docs and says....not sure what to do...just found out lender funded the loan yesterday and wired the funds to us this morning.....they don't have the signed loan docs....buyer hasn't gotten his money in to close to us yet.....who funds a loan without the signed loan docs?.......what a mess! I'm sure it all worked out eventually.......

Msg #511871

2 replies
Anyone heard of Breeze in Southern CA? g/b/u n/m
By  NJDiva on 7/16/14 6:28pm

Msg #511863

1 replies
The Notary Spot G/B/U? n/m
By  Claudine Osborne on 7/16/14 4:57pm

Msg #511862

9 replies
Universal Notary
By  MonicaFL on 7/16/14 4:42pm

out of California - see them in signing central but only a couple for this year. Anyone done anything for them this year and what was your experience. Thanks.

Msg #511855

2 replies
Sign-n-time
By Lola Killackey on 7/16/14 2:48pm

Any info on this company?

Msg #511849

2 replies
Snapdocs
By  JAM/CA on 7/16/14 12:23pm

Anyone get this email below and who are they? Afraid to click on links within email.

SnapDocs

Hello Joan,

You're receiving this email because you've worked with a signing service using SnapDocs in the past, and we wanted to give you some tips on how you might be able to get more business.

Every day, SnapDocs matches hundreds of signing agents with closings in their area. Completing the following actions will increase your likelihood of being contacted:

Upload your commission. 71% of orders go to notaries who already have their notary commission uploaded to their profile.

Upload a photo. Make a human connection by uploading a profile photo! Profiles with photos are 3.5X more likely to receive signing work.

Enable text message notifications. It’s important to accept a signing request quickly. You are TWICE as like to be assigned an order if you have text messages enabled on your profile.

Contact us at support@snapdocs.com with any questions.

Thank you,
The SnapDocs Team

Msg #511842

10 replies
notary direct
By obbie on 7/16/14 10:46am

everyone get excited they want to pay a big whopping $60 for a purchase....woohoo...

Msg #511829

15 replies
Blasts - (this one from The Closing Group)
By parkerc/ME on 7/16/14 9:29am

Not that I get a whole lot of blasts in this area, but have had it with receiving any. This is what I responded with today...and what I'm going to use for any future blasts from any ridiculous bottom feeder:
~~~
Email subject: We have a signing available in your area! [Yes, actually 10 miles from me]

My response:

I’m sorry, but cannot accept this job even though I might be available, for the following reasons:

1. You did not give a date/time that this was to take place, so how am I to know definitely that I’m available?
2. My base starting fee for any re-fi signing is $XXX, without fax-backs (fax-backs entail an additional charge). This has been my fee for the past 7 years and remains my fee for all of my clients.
3. I do not provide a copy of my background check to anyone. I have been certified and background checked via the NNA, and my CNSA certificate reflects that I have had a background check which meets the standards of the industry. I only provide a copy of that certificate.
4. Based on comments and ratings provided on various Notary forums, you do not meet the standards I require of my clients; and, finally
5. I do not respond to e-mail “blasts”. I am usually not sitting at my computer and will not interrupt my signing in-progress by responding to email blasts…how rude is that to the homeowner who is sitting before me!

If, in the future, your policy changes so that all of the above requirements are met, I will be happy to provide you with my Certified Notary Signing Agent services, if I am available. If, and until, your policy changes…please remove me from your “blast” listing.

~~

So there!

Msg #511826

0 replies
Anyone have experience with Catalina Structured Funding???
By Anthony Bessey on 7/16/14 9:06am

They are out of La Crescenta, CA and I could not find them here.

Msg #511823

7 replies
Hammermill sale Staples $27.99
By anotaryinva on 7/16/14 8:28am

http://www.staples.com/HammerMill-Copy-Plus-Copy-Paper-8-1-2-inch-x-11-inch/product_122374

One of their daily deals.

Msg #511814

9 replies
Busted
By  Claudine Osborne on 7/15/14 9:33pm

I received a call earlier for a signing from an SS..Its for a RM application. I gave her my fee and she said she will see if she can get it approved (sure she is) About 15 mins later my husbands phone rings and I answered it. Its the same SS wants to know if hes available..I tell her he is not and I tell her that she called me a few mins prior..She starts stumbling on her words saying that she was still trying to get my fee approved. Sure she was..She was calling around trying to find someone else..
But 1/2 hr later she calls me back she sounds defeated..Surprise my fee has been approved! But I have since been on SC and they are a 2 star rated company with a record of non-payment! Sorry no wonder she couldnt find anyone..I will not be working for them either.

Msg #511810

4 replies
Vista National, LLC
By Pamela Kinniard on 7/15/14 8:20pm

Has anyone done signings with them lately? I completed one last week and now today I noticed their website is not valid?!?

Msg #511809

0 replies
Blast
By carol_Tx on 7/15/14 8:13pm

I notice a few signing agencies are using the new Blast system to find notaries. While I think this is a great tool, it may have some draw backs, such as you are competing with many notaries for an assignment, so your response must be the first one in. Appear to be dangerous if you are driving and try to respond to a blast. I am open to suggestions as I am missing assignment with this new blast as I am either driving or in a closing.

Msg #511808

4 replies
Vendor Connect,LLC onsite at REO Mgmt Solutions, Inc.
By  Ilene C. Seidel on 7/15/14 7:57pm

GBU? Anyone, I can't find anything on them. Thanks

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.