Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #629311

6 replies
How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form?
By Jose Gutierrez on 2/9/21 4:34pm

This is to file your notary bond at the local county clerk. This is for someone that would like to notarize with an expired stamp.

Msg #629300

3 replies
Stamp recommendations
By Roadie_MD on 2/9/21 1:50pm

Hey all,
I need a new notary stamp. I have had the one I am using since 2008 and it is starting to wear out, LOL. It is a self-inking classiX stamp. The impression is starting to wear and I find myself inking more often and pressing harder when stamping. After thousands of uses though, it doesn't owe me a thing!

I was looking for some recommendations---self inking vs pre-inked, brands, etc. I see that there are a few options on NR.

Msg #629289

3 replies
A2Z Notary Services
By MrMendez on 2/9/21 11:24am

Hello all,

Has anyone done any recent work for A2Z Notary Services lately? And wete you paid in a prompt manner? Please advise. Thanks.

Msg #629274

18 replies
Errors an dOmmissions insurance
By Laurence Tetreault on 2/8/21 11:03pm

What rate is normal for Errors and Ommissions Insurance? I have a company busting my balls by saying to me the minimum they want their signing agents to have is $100,000. Its a title company. Has anyone come across this type of requirement before where the bar is set so High a newbie cant get in? Please no smug answers. I have a 25k policy.

Msg #629271

12 replies
New Loan Signing Agent
By Charlene Carmichael on 2/8/21 9:42pm

Hello everyone,
I am a new loan signing agent in South Carolina. Serving all the PEEDEE areas.

Msg #629252

18 replies
survivor trustee dilemma
By Del Birmingham on 2/8/21 1:38pm

I have a client whose husband passed away last year and she's trying to sell back time to a timeshare agency. She sent them his death certificate in december as he is on the contract and they sent her a document requiring notarization with both their names on it.

Can she sign for him as surviving trustee of their estate? How should I handle this?

Thanks!
Del

Msg #629232

20 replies
New loan signing agent
By Efrain Dominguez on 2/8/21 12:46am

Hi everyone

I am fairly new to loan signing any tips to get more works as a loan signing agent? I am fidelity approved too!

Msg #629225

5 replies
.02 worth on Asking Questions
By NVLSlady/VA on 2/7/21 7:51pm

When I see a bunch of burly men burrowing across a playing field, bumbling and fumbling over each other (and a ball), I think . . . (Are they Serious,? among other things). Do enjoy watching tennis, tho.

That said, please don't be afraid to pose a Sensible question for fear of being ["in the wrong place asking"]. We all Lose if various experiences and opinions aren't shared. Plus we're better than that.

P.S. If you don't yet know what your notarial powers are Or DON'T have any industry experiences worth sharing, you might consider waiting until you Do. In the meantime, your library of everything Notary and beyond is Here; Read often.

Msg #629190

8 replies
Remember Lorrie Todd dba the American Notary Connection?
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/6/21 12:48pm

Well, well, well. Things are so much better now that she is a notary in Savannah, GA. Listed on Snapdocs.

Didn't she run out of town owing notaries around $400K? Declared BK and failed to list all their assets.

Only in America!

Msg #629187

10 replies
I Should Have Never Joked About It Being Minus 45 Here . . .
By PegiT_MN on 2/6/21 10:52am

. . . get it? Minus 45. Well now it really is minus 45 degrees outside. I just came home from a closing and I have to put on more layers of clothes and go back out in it. Temperature right now is negative 8 and the wind chill is minus 22 degrees and it is only going to get worse over the next few days, as they are predicting wind chills of minus 45 degrees. The snow is blowing drifts across some of the roads around here. Okay . . . well have a good weekend everybody and stay safe out there.

Msg #629185

6 replies
No wonder so many notaries are willing to take $75 work
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/6/21 10:48am

Did you all know that the Federal minimum wage in most of the states is under $10?

So it only stands to reason that most of the folks climbing on board to be notaries have basic skills, not much experience and little business savvy.

Msg #629166

9 replies
Blocked SIGNINGORDER texts yesterday
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/6/21 8:23am

Too many ridiculously low fee offers. Does anyone get any worthwhile work from this platform's participating companies?

Too much noise, distraction, honestly. Just too busy with better vendors.

Msg #629153

36 replies
cash to close
By Daniel Pena on 2/5/21 8:17pm

Hello I have a refi closing tonight, but the borrower informed me that he does not have the cash to close till the end of the month I tried reaching out to the LO and signing service company but no luck. Borrower says he does not want to waste my time if loan will not close due to missing funds how should I proceed?

Thank you!

Msg #629131

3 replies
CFPB taskforce proposes packaged settlement servicing
By Bear900/CA on 2/5/21 3:18pm

Oh fun! Are they suggesting negative price fixing? Your thoughts? (Please keep out of realm of politics)

A competitive fixed price, including a bundled settlement cost ...meaning NSA costs not separate and distinguishable...meaning forced lower and fixed fees to NSAs? Too much extrapolation on my part? IDK

From RESPA news:

http://www.respanews.com/RN/ArticlesRN/CFPB-taskforce-proposes-packaged-settlement-servic-81221.aspx

"The current RESPA-induced settlement process creates competitive economic inefficiencies that raise the cost of mortgages for consumers.

The best solution is to create a competitive market where lenders benefit from low closing costs and are incentivized to drive the costs lower via all-encompassing closing packages, according to a new report by a Consumer Financial Protection Bureau taskforce.

Read on for details from the Taskforce on Federal Consumer Financial Law."

http://files.consumerfinance.gov/f/documents/cfpb_taskforce-federal-consumer-financial-law_report-volume-2_2021-01.pdf

See Section 5 for area of concern, then Under Section 3.6 - Recommendations - Pg 19

"13. States should consider eliminating or streamlining licensing requirements for providers
of financial services to avoid anticompetitive barriers to entry. <<< Huh???

14. The Bureau should remove regulatory barriers to allow guaranteed prices on packages of
settlement services and mortgages to be made available to consumers. This exemption should be
allowed for lenders and mortgage originators that offer loans without upfront fees:

A guaranteed-price package that includes the cost of all loan origination charges and
other settlement services needed to close the loan;

A loan with an interest rate guarantee; and

A package price that remains the same throughout the mortgage application, approval,
and settlement process, subject only to changes related to final underwriting conditions."

Msg #629127

2 replies
RULONA oath blank certificate?
By VT_Syrup on 2/5/21 1:58pm

I was just going through an old blog post, replacing blank certificates with an expired commission expiration with the current expiration date (January 31, 2023, for all Vermont notaries. I noticed I don't have a certificate for one situation.

The law provides short form certificates for all notarial acts, except administering an oath that is not a verification on oath or affirmation. An example of such an oath would be an oath taken at the beginning of an oral hearing, promising to tell the truth. Does anyone from a state that has passed RULONA have a blank certificate they use for such situations?

Msg #629126

3 replies
For someone asking me to delete their post...
By Bear900/CA on 2/5/21 1:32pm

I haven't had post deleting privileges since...wait...this just in....

What? I've never had them? Now they tell me!

Okay, well, there ya go...

Strange Friday

Msg #629119

1 replies
MSC Closing Services, LLC Berlin, NJ 08009 g/b/u?
By Luckydog on 2/5/21 11:29am

Msg #629115

6 replies
Protected document in page separator
By Misti Lee on 2/5/21 11:10am

Is there a way to use the page separator to sort a password protected document? I unlocked the document and tried to use the separator and it gives an error message. TIA

Msg #629114

7 replies
Newbies vs the experienced
By Luckydog on 2/5/21 11:03am

All these newbies make everyone's work even tougher. They (many of our companies) want to check our work now, more scan backs, more instructions, more hand-holding. It's ridiculous and all thanks to people jumping into the profession making mistakes and don't know what they are doing, right down to even knowing how to market or put docs in an envelope and make a drop on time. It's disturbing.

THEN, when you tell the newbie the real facts and not the pixie dust they found online or what the course they bought into that sold them that dream of making 5 figures that first year, get offended by it and outraged we don't want to help and are unkind.
Giving them the truth, the hard cold facts is as about as kind as you can be to them, it's reality.
If they are offended, they are not cut out for the hard work. It is better to find out now than waste more of their time heading down a dead end road and broke.

If you have over 5+ full-time years in the game, I consider you experienced. Yes, it takes about that long, and we all started from -0-. We didn't get the olive branch, we were not on here begging for the "best companies" to sign up for...and those companies do not take on newbies anyway. There is no sense of entitlement here, none. Hard work, research, hours of signing up on websites, passing out cards, cold calling is what you have to do to succeed.

We were all newbies, we all remember our very first closings. The sticky notes, the nerves, the reviewing that package about 20 times... I get it. I am not being insensitive for that, as we all been there and took the plunge. The greatest learning tool is making those mistakes, losing a few companies, because that is how you learn and remember not to do next time when it results in losing a company and money you worked so hard to obtain.

I know the past decade is all about receiving the gold star to all that contribute, winning or losing, but this is the real world and those gold stars are not passed out because you say "please, thank you" or are trying to be "sweet". Many are too offended when reality slaps them in the face like a cold fish after they figure out the money spent, the dream of making an easy fortune doing loan closings was a lie.

It's not all lost, if you have the charisma, the backbone, the dedication to make the dream come true, you will make it. Let's be honest, the majority do not, and odds not in your favor if you are on here asking how to run your business and even find companies doing closings. Don't be looking for that golden ticket of companies, websites, shortcuts, as no one will ever hand you their book of references that they took their careers to build up. It's not a right of passage, you are not their relative, there is no reason to do so because you ask for it.
Hard lesson... do the work, find your good companies, grow from each closing and you will succeed. If you look in Signing Central 99% of our best companies are in there, find them, apply.
The rest who don't have what it takes, do us all a favor and leave, as making everyone's life harder from companies requiring more hand holding. jmo

Msg #629104

17 replies
A walk down memory lane...Dorothy/MI told it how it is
By  Cheryl Elliott on 2/5/21 9:09am

Msg#44234

There is so much meat on these NR bones, love some of the candor from knowledgeable, skilled, pros like Dorothy Mansil in Michigan.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.