Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #610873

3 replies
advice please
By Roadie_MD on 10/8/19 10:13am

Did a signing on 10/3, dropped package in a dropbox on 10/4. Package is now MIA. SS suggests maybe a re-sign for today, which is the funding date, and then fax everything back so they can fund. I don't have a problem with this, however I assume the dates are going to be a problem as the notarizations will have to be for today of course. Will that not create a problem? Even though it is not my fault I am trying to be accommodating.

Msg #610871

5 replies
HireNotary.com
By Candace Boyd on 10/8/19 9:37am

Has anyone signed up with and had successful business opportunities with HireNotary.com. They are charging $39 to register. I don't caret that is all females but I have tried to contact their office to speak to someone and just get a voicemail. They don't have a lot of information on their website. Just curious!

Msg #610866

5 replies
PREMIUM CLOSING SOLUTIONS
By AME Signings AME Signings on 10/8/19 5:41am

Does anyone have any information for Premium Closing Solutions?

Msg #610860

3 replies
Renewing my Notary Commission
By  Erwin/CA on 10/7/19 4:44pm

I recently renewed my notary commission. Actually, my commission expires 10/20. Got my Bond and E&O from Notary Rotary as well as my new seal. Extremely good service. Had the bond and E&O within hours and the stamp within 5 days. Did my NNA certification Sunday and the background check this morning. I already received the results of the background check this afternoon, Monday within 5 hours of filling out the online form. All ready to go.
Erwin

Msg #610857

10 replies
Notary Cloud G/B/U?
By  PegiT_MN on 10/7/19 2:41pm

They don't seem to be listed in Signing Central. Orange Search button doesn't show anything recent and all the old posts showed large packages and slow pay. I just may have dodged a bullet. Can we get them into Signing Central?

Msg #610841

9 replies
hirenotary.com A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Co
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/6/19 11:31pm

Anyone have experience with this SS in San Francisco, I've never heard of them.

A Reliable & Trustworthy Mortgage Signing Company

Hire Notary is one of a handful of Woman-Owned Mortgage Signing Companies in the United States. Founded in 2008 by Founder and CEO, Kimberly Petersen with a keen focus on quality, customer service and dedication to both our Clients and Signing Agents. We don’t just promise the best, we deliver the best! We value our clients and their borrowers, and we understand that time is of the essence when closing a loan. That’s why clients of Hire Notary are accustomed to receiving the best loan signing services delivered on time by the top Signing Agents the industry has to offer.

Msg #610837

6 replies
Any one worked for Northstar Notary in Huntington Beach
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/6/19 7:49pm

lately? I wonder if they are still in business.

They called me a few times but Yelp reviews aren't very good and java site is not favorable either.

Msg #610825

8 replies
Any CA notaries that use an embosser? n/m
By Nobody_CA on 10/6/19 1:52am

Msg #610815

6 replies
Coffee shop etiquette
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/5/19 8:26am

Occasionally, I meet clients at Starbucks, at their request, but I really prefer the public library if the hours are convenient for borrowers.

We've never discussed here the etiquette of working at a coffee shop, so I offer up this article giving pointers on signing at a mutually convenient java spot.

http://www.eater.com/2019/10/1/20890743/coffee-shop-work-etiquette-laptop-cell-phone

Msg #610808

6 replies
UPS drop box nightmare...
By JanetK_CA on 10/4/19 6:19pm

I was driving down a busy street on the way to an appointment the other day and I passed one of those spots with several drop boxes on the other side of the road. There was no one near there and no trucks parked nearby, but my mouth dropped open when I saw, clear as day, the bottom container of the UPS box wiiiide open - with a rather large package still inside! I grabbed my phone, snapped a pic without looking (traffic was moving pretty fast) and managed to get a pretty decent shot.

Anyone have any connections with UPS or an idea of where this could be sent? I don't particularly care to spend time making lots of calls and/or trying to track someone down to report this, but just had to tell you all... Wink And we wonder how packages get lost sometimes...

Msg #610785

12 replies
A question for Mobile Notaries w/portable printers
By Linette/OR on 10/3/19 1:08pm

I have been a Notary / signing agent for 4 years full time. I get so sick of running back to my office to print docs. If any of you are true mobile notaries, which printer should I purchase to keep in my trunk?? Any ideas will be appreciated,
Thank you

Msg #610774

9 replies
Sign X
By schlub/NC on 10/3/19 11:07am

Did a closing thru signingorder for an outfit called Sign X 9/20/19. Rec'd payment today by ACH (13 days!).

I can 't figure out where they are located, but their website is signxclosing.com

They are not in Signing Central.

They were very easy to work with and I highly recommend them.

Msg #610768

21 replies
Who is Notary Compass?
By  Teresa/FL on 10/3/19 10:00am

I received an email from them requesting that I send them updated credentials.

Funny, I don't recall ever signing up with them...

Msg #610755

7 replies
Singature Closers
By Holly Graves on 10/2/19 8:52pm

I dont know how many of you work with them. I havent in years after my last dibacle when I dropped everything and ran home to handle a signing in my neighborhood, because the originally assigned notary dropped out at the last minute. I come to find the package was 234 pages, refi/FHA, and I balked and said I need xx for this signing or I will not do it. This is insance for a refi. They gave me my rate but did complain they would lose money on it. Oh well. then another one came right after and it was a large package, I again said I need xx for this 183 pg package. they gave it to me. So I ignore their email blasts as most are not in my area. today I receive a call from a nice gal that says ok, it was a two at one signing. I said fine, the fee was fine. but they couldnt tell me when nor the size of the package. I stewed about it and thought phoeey...I dont need this aggrevation, so I declined the signing afterall and said "thanks but no thanks." My decision lead to their response of "we will keep you posted" as to when i would receive the docs - mind you it was a first am signing so I would want them the day before. I just let them know that that response shows a complete lack of respect for us NSAs and our profession. I will ask to be removed from their list. i did that with Simple Signings too after all their TBDs and not knowing when I would get the docs. I dont plan my time around these services, they need to understand we are not sitting around waiting for them to tell us our schedule. The schedule, get a time for the docs to arrive. Now being in real estate, I do know that title companies are overwhelmed right now and have been the past several months, but it seems to be only a few agencies that can't get a hold of their title companies as to when docs will be received. My rant for today. I will move on now. LOL

Msg #610744

9 replies
Getting Started
By Christie BUTZKE on 10/2/19 1:19pm

Hi All! I have 15 years experience in the title industry for Texas as an Escrow Officer and about 4 years on the mortgage side. I recently decided to start full-time with my notary doing loan signing. For those that have been doing this full-time for a while, how long did it take before you had consistent business coming in and did you do a substantial amount of door to door visits to get your foot in the door?

I have contacts from the title side to mortgage and realtors but, its now reversed in dealing with title companies

Msg #610743

1 replies
More explanation/comments-CA contractor/employee legislation
By  Linda_TN on 10/2/19 10:16am

This link highlighted in one of the notary groups I visit on Facebook. Doesn't really answer the overall question, other than to say "There is no clarity on its impact on Notaries". It does give examples of what is and isn't employee vs. contracted employee. And even considering the source, the article does offer more information.

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2019/09/impact-notaries-unclear-california-contractor-law?utm_campaign=bulletin20190930&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook&utm_content=newcalaw&fbclid=IwAR0sr5XZUidNCLzI4GOs8evNIuX-VzkuXPK54lNOhXXplXpn_-x4gkVurTs

Msg #610740

2 replies
CACS - Contact and Collection Services Irvine, CA
By Mobile1/PA on 10/2/19 9:49am

Anyone work for them and have feedback? Only one recent rating from CA in SC. Thanks.

Msg #610728

12 replies
is this another scam trying to get my info from my puter?
By Haroon Anwarzai on 10/1/19 4:39pm

As a Notary, we get excited when we get an email from a title company

Mary Cuevas <mcuevas.atrlaw@gmail.com>

Oct 1 at 1:07 PM

Attached are the documents that I need to be signed with my customer. You can sign in either blue or black ink, doesn’t matter. We pay $175.00 for the signing so when you return the documents to me, please include your invoice so I can send out payment. i'm currently very busy at office right now and i could only provide this short detail about the signing,Kindly login with your email address and password to access the document. Every details about the signing and customer address and phone number is in page 2.Kindly call the customer to set appointment

I did click on the link, another window opened and asking me to enter / create a user name and PW. I was very tempted. My online security Norton kicked in and warned me about possible phishing attempts. I was disgusted and tried to call the number. Then I noticed that there are no numbers. I googled the agency and asked for the person on the email, the receptionist sounded like I was trying to scam them. I tried my best to explain to her but not sure if she believed me. lol Anyway, the lesson of the story always calls and confirm the agent before opening an email

Be careful out there, too many crooks and jerks trying to steal your information or maybe trying to place a trojan to steal new info.

Msg #610715

1 replies
Palm Castle Signing
By  Anita Edwards on 10/1/19 11:26am

Anyone do any work recently for Palm Castle Signing in Phoenix AZ? I'm finding old reviews but nothing within the last year or so.

Msg #610708

4 replies
Choice Nationwide Notaries
By NotarySLT on 9/30/19 10:12pm

So I took, (totally my responsibility) an assignment from this Company and was quoted $80.00. Ok... I took it ... my mistake ... BUT... as a former (or current) agent .... 183 pages plus client copy ... 366 pages $80.00??? Driving there and back and FedEx tomorrow ... 30 miles. So she gets $175 and we, who do the work ... get $80.00. Kind of "shame on you".

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.