Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #611015

15 replies
DO NOT work for N3 Notary.
By Nicholas Kontgas on 10/11/19 2:47pm

I just can't believe it.

I completed two back to back signings for N3 a few days ago. I have done several signings for them in the past. They advertise their i9 signings as being quick, ten minute appointments with no notarizations. And that's true. The actual pen-to-paper portion of the appointments only takes ten minutes. If you can get anyone to answer the phones.

The thing is, they require one of their reps to be on the phone with you while conducting the appointment. No problem, the two women that handle these calls are really nice. The problem is getting the rep on the line.

The first appointment took almost 40 minutes for someone to answer. It took another 15 minutes to get someone on the phone, and an 20 more minutes waiting for them to figure out a mistake on their end that was preventing me from being able to log in and complete the e-document signing.

Can you imagine how embarrassing it is to be there with the client sitting across from you in a noisy Starbucks (where the company prefers you do your appointments) just waiting to see if anyone will answer the phone or if the system will work?

Turns out the signer's name was recorded wrong in their system on the second one, and therefore I couldn't use her correct name.

The clients were polite enough, and we made friendly small talk while waiting. But, it was obvious that their frustration was mounting quickly. The signer for the first appointment was getting ready to leave by the time someone finally answered.

I went home and promptly scanned back the required documents. They sent out a ton of emails saying they didn't receive the documents. I thought "Ok. Maybe I messed up", and re-uploaded them. This was two days ago, and I am still receiving these notifications. I even emailed one of the non-sensitive documents on the advice of an N3 telephone representative (it is almost impossible to get in contact with). They emailed me several more times saying they didn't receive the documents.

They then informed me that they won't pay me, because they didn't receive all of the documents. The documents that I uploaded several times, called and asked about, and then emailed to them on the advice of their own reps.

They just sent me another email saying I need to give them one of the documents that I sent to them FOUR SEPARATE TIMES (including twice by email, and twice by portal upload) or they won't pay me.

All this on top of them paying LESS THAN HALF the standard rate offered by other companies for the exact same signings. The other companies even use SnapDocs instead of third-party websites, making it much easier and much more reliable to work with them.

I called to ask to be removed from their approved notary list, and the rep (who left me on hold for nearly thirty minutes) became very snarky and rude.

I'm an extremely forgiving person. I realize that things go wrong, and sometimes a little patience is deserved. So, I typically let these issues roll of my back and moved on. I have worked with numerous companies on various signings, and I always have good experiences and interactions with them. This is the first time I've had a terrible experience.

TLDR; I did two jobs for N3 Notary. They made me wait on hold for an outrageous length of time WITH THE CLIENT SITTING RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME. They use an upload system that doesn't always record your uploads, then they threaten your pay for things that are not your mistakes. When you are lucky enough to get your calls to them answered, they tell you straight up that they won't take your calls, for the most part, only emails (which they often don't reply to). They pay less than half the rate that other companies pay for the exact same work.

In conclusion: DO NOT WORK FOR N3 NOTARY.

I feel bad for posting this, but it's beyond ridiculous.

Msg #611008

3 replies
Archer Land Title LLC *finally* discharging the BK
By Linda_H/FL on 10/11/19 10:15am

filed in 2008 - here's the link for the Trustee's Final Report. Of a $90 claim, I'm getting $13.58.

http://www.deb.uscourts.gov./trusteesfinalreports

Msg #610992

15 replies
UPS Receipt
By Art_FL on 10/11/19 5:52am

It is really important to get & keep a receipt.

On 10/5 (Saturday) I drove out of my way & mailed 2 packages at the UPS Store after the Saturday pickup. On 10/10 I was emailed about the whereabouts of the packages which could not be tracked. After searching my desk I found & was able to scan & email the receipt to the processors.

From now on I intend scanning receipts & keeping them in a separate folder to facilitate locating & emailing these if this happens again.

What happens if the signed documents are not located in the next few days? Is the loan redrawn?

Msg #610972

16 replies
Re: Legal paper Msg #610696
By  Doris_CO on 10/10/19 5:29pm

After reading the posts in Msg #610696, we decided to look for legal paper since we only have two reams of legal paper left out of the 28 reams I purchased about 3 years ago off of Craig's List. We found a case of Staples Multipurpose legal paper on Amazon for $49.62 (includes tax). Since we have Amazon prime the shipping was free. It's a case and will probably last us a couple of years, considering the last loan I printed only had 3 pages of legal paper.
Our local Walmart is carrying only letter paper by Pen + Gear and it's the worst paper I've ever used. I actually found paper within the ream that was wrinkled and it kept jamming my printer.

Msg #610970

6 replies
trustee signing
By Kristina Darling on 10/10/19 5:09pm

I believe I have never seen it where they sign trustee after their name but is this something I should do? the lines have trustee after the name. I thought we didn't need to have them sign trustee. thoughts/experience?

Msg #610969

6 replies
journal entries for signings
By Kristina Darling on 10/10/19 5:08pm

several times I had clients tell me the previous notary signing agent only had them sign the journal once and thumbprint once. am I doing something wrong? I have them sign and thumbprint for each and every notarization I do. whether it be 5 or 20. also do you write down the DL info on each line as well?

Msg #610966

3 replies
Notary Compass - Any info?
By Dan holt on 10/10/19 3:13pm

Hi.

I am not locating this company in signing Central or search. Anyone have feedback for me. Thank you.

Msg #610944

1 replies
Northamericansigning in Pleasonton
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/9/19 2:57pm

Just got a call...vaguely remembered they are slo pay...yep...that's what SC confirms as well.

HEADS UP, SB notaries.

Msg #610942

1 replies
Help - Activating Fax
By alias/TX on 10/9/19 1:33pm

I just signed up here with the premier membership. I was going through the activating fax function when it took me to the release page. No where on the page does it say release = cancel or stop. The page says to refer to the help page but the help page doesn't even mention faxing. I figured that I was still in the activation portion of the feature and had to complete the form. This is really a bad user interface.

So now what do I need to do? Wait the 30 days because I had a fax number for all of 20 seconds? Any suggestions?

Msg #610941

12 replies
Any stories about getting to signings? Sometimes I fly...
By Gary Boehm on 10/9/19 1:25pm

A recent thread was about unusual or funny signings. How about stories about how you got to a signing?

As a private pilot I have flown to several signings, if the signers can meet me at the local airport, and some airports have a "courtesy car" for pilots I can drive the rest of the way. One signing was in Connersville Indiana which even though I am not commissioned in Indiana this was a application only with no Notarizations. The fellow said he was right by the airport so I said "Why don't you meet me there!". So I hopped in a Cessna 152, flew to Connersville, we signed everything at the FBO, and I flew back home. The flight didn't cost me out-of-pocked since the plane belongs to the local flight school and I do maintenance on their planes in exchange for flight time. That was fun and I do that any chance I get!

Msg #610930

11 replies
Remote electronic notarizations revisited. I got a call
By  MW/VA on 10/9/19 11:13am

from a new co. that's going to be working in the RON arena. They're offering all the software, including the required 5-year record keeping for VA. From what they told me, their fee structure would take about 50% of the fee, assuming cos. are still going to pay the average fee for loan signings. I'm still very skeptical, but am going to take a look at what they're offering. I'll keep you posted.

Msg #610920

13 replies
Power outages for 800K Californians
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/9/19 8:03am

spanning all the way to Santa Maria, CA

Utility giant Pacific Gas & Electric started shutting off the power early this morning in parts of Northern California in an effort to prevent starting a wildfire. Almost 500,000 customers are in the dark right now. Another 300,000 will lose power later in the day. The electricity could be off for days. Forecasters warn that many parts of Northern California are under extreme fire weather danger, with windy and dry conditions forecast for the region. PG&E equipment started the deadly 2018 Camp Fire, a state investigation found, after a power line touched nearby trees. So, the extreme measure of shutting off the power is being used to try to prevent future blazes.

Msg #610899

10 replies
courier notary service
By Cindy Herring on 10/8/19 4:25pm

any one having issues with courier notary service not paying them? I have emailed and called signing was in July?

Msg #610898

4 replies
Two receipts or one inclusive form
By Tariq Salih on 10/8/19 3:56pm

I'm just starting out as a Notary and just have a quick question. In my state we are required to charge travel and other fees separate from the notary fees. Does anyone, as a practice provide a separate receipt just for the mobile fees (that was agreed upon with the client) or do you use a form that separates the fees? If you use a form where can I order it and/or customize it?

Msg #610895

10 replies
it's time for your stories of odd/funny/extreme signings
By  canotaryhere on 10/8/19 3:42pm

I had one where the borrowers ex husband was a very drunk alcoholic and started telling her she was stupid for signing (he didn't even know what she was signing) then he started yelling for me to get out (it wasn't his house and he didn't even live there) so we grabbed everything up and went out to the back of my SUV and finished the signing while the borrower told me how she was constantly calling the cops to remove her ex from her home. (but she kept letting him come back in), did a signing on a grand piano in a mall, had a signing at a house that smelled so badly (from cats) that I held my breath and had to keep running outside t breath, in a very noisy restaurant once, and one of my most heartwarming times was when I did a signing and the borrowers little niece was there talking a mile a minute and when I left I blew her a kiss and she grabbed her face and said "caught it"

Msg #610892

4 replies
so tired of people telling me the last notary supplied
By  canotaryhere on 10/8/19 3:18pm

the forms ( for POA) for GNW and wanting to know why I won't

Msg #610891

0 replies
Watch out for this. "Payment Proof"
By Mobile1/PA on 10/8/19 1:55pm

Seems suspicious.
Don't open the picture attachement

Hello.

Please find attched paymnet Invoice as directed by our client for your reference.

Thanks and Regards,

Jennifer Camin

969 Newark Turnpike, Unit B
Kearny, N.J. 07032
T: 201-997-6086
F: 201-997-8212

Msg #610887

3 replies
600K folks in Yolo, Napa & Solano counties won't have power
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/19 1:40pm

tomorrow, as PG&E is shutting it down 4am 10/9/2019

https://www.abc10.com/article/news/local/wildfire/pge-to-officially-shut-off-power-in-multiple-counties-saturday-morning/103-05bbdc3b-7f6c-484f-8f8f-e83cbdb99567

Msg #610879

3 replies
What are you going to do when borrower arrives 1/2 hour late
By  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/19 10:57am

Wife was present, husband is on his way...I had steam coming out my ears. I had confirmed twice during the day that I would be there 5pm on the dot, I had a busy night, 3 more to do after that...domino effect, I was late for everything after that and so stressed out. Thankfully everyone was great about it.

One of my best clients, be on time, call when done, all these due diligence items we need to do, but when the borrower isn't polite enough to be on time...what are you going to do? I thought of rescheduling, but docs would have to be redrawn. It was a 194pp package. I just wanted to scream.

My last client, I called to beg and plead for forgiveness. He says, "I'm 50 and I have a one year old rug rat...just get here when you can, safely. Don't worry, we'll have dinner while we wait for you." THANK GOD, truly, for some relief. My heart beat slowed, I refreshed. One yo Luke was the cutest little pickle. He sure wanted my notary seal, pen and journal and wanted to sign what mom and dad were signing. I sent them a text and thanked them for their patience and flexibility. He said, "come by any time you're on the road and you need to chill."

I went home, brushed my teeth and hit the pillow. Sleep came fast.

Msg #610873

3 replies
advice please
By Roadie_MD on 10/8/19 10:13am

Did a signing on 10/3, dropped package in a dropbox on 10/4. Package is now MIA. SS suggests maybe a re-sign for today, which is the funding date, and then fax everything back so they can fund. I don't have a problem with this, however I assume the dates are going to be a problem as the notarizations will have to be for today of course. Will that not create a problem? Even though it is not my fault I am trying to be accommodating.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.