Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #617846

7 replies
OC executive order for FL notaries in Orange Cty
By Luckydog on 3/25/20 9:04pm

Any Orange County FL notaries needing the Executive Order who are working, I have it, PM me. It was drafted March 24th at 5:54 PM
In it states We are deemed essential and shall remain open. Sec.2 (20) Legal or accounting services and notaries public.
I printed all 7 pages and will keep in my notary bag should I be questioned, signed by Mayor Demmings.

Msg #617844

5 replies
Any suggestions for additional self-training during C19?
By NK_UT on 3/25/20 8:47pm

I'm looking to brush up on my LSA/NSA skills during the shut down so that I can hit the ground running when I decide to emerge from my coccoon of self-isolation.

Any places that you all like to go to brush up on things that may have slipped your mind during a long hiatus?

TIA!

Msg #617835

12 replies
New York Covid - 19 - VIDEO NOTARIZATIONS - No travel fee?
By bpn/NY on 3/25/20 7:39pm

Hi, now that we're doing remote video notarizations, do we charge $2.00 for a session including scheduling an appointment, printing, scanning etc?. How would you charge now that there's no travel involved?

Msg #617823

19 replies
Midnight tonight Colorado going to statewide state-at-home
By Carolyn Bodley on 3/25/20 5:31pm

order

Msg #617818

9 replies
Please put an end to whether you can work - FACT - you CAN.
By Mobile1/PA on 3/25/20 5:00pm

But it's your choice,USE CAUTION. These loans have to close. Like low ball fees, someone will do them if you don't.

(Don't you all get these notices?)

CA SOS: State’s Notaries May Work During ‘Shelter In Place’ Order, With Precautions
By Phillip Browne on March 24, 2020 in COVID-19

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2020/03/ca-sos-notaries-work-special-order

U.S. Treasury Secretary: Signing Agents Are Part Of ‘Essential Services’ During COVID-19 Emergency
By David Thun on March 24, 2020 in COVID-19

https://www.nationalnotary.org/notary-bulletin/blog/2020/03/us-treasury-signing-agents-essential-services-covid-19

Msg #617817

0 replies
Mortgage applications down--rates up
By  MW/VA on 3/25/20 4:59pm

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/coronavirus-causes-mortgage-applications-plunge-110003484.html?.tsrc=fauxdal

Msg #617790

2 replies
Notary Journals
By RedBaron/IN on 3/25/20 2:36pm

How do I legally dispose of Notary Journals?

Msg #617780

6 replies
Self-employed may be elegible to get unemployment checks
By Calnotary on 3/25/20 1:48pm

— The bill expands unemployment insurance to make gig workers, contract workers, and self-employed individuals eligible to receive benefits, and adds $600 a week for four months on top of state unemployment insurance. It’s incredibly important that gig workers, contract workers, and self-employed workers are now eligible for unemployment insurance; at a time when so many livelihoods are hanging in the balance, we must ensure that no worker is left behind.

Msg #617774

12 replies
List of Essential business that can be open during COVID
By Jules on 3/25/20 1:38pm

https://covid19.ca.gov/img/EssentialCriticalInfrastructureWorkers.pdf

This is from the California Governor. If NOT on this list STAY HOME!!!

Msg #617773

3 replies
Good news: Notaries who made less than $75,000 in 2018
By grapebed on 3/25/20 1:29pm

will get a $1,200 check. The bad news is that all notaries earned less than a $75,000 profit in 2018. $75,000 in many professions is the starting salary ( with benefits) that many 21-year old college graduates will earn in 2020.

If you are under 55, run don't walk away as fast as you can from being a notary. You won't regret it.

Msg #617771

0 replies
I posted this in Leisure but it was suggested to put it here
By Calnotary on 3/25/20 1:26pm

"How the Coronavirus Could Take Over Your Body (Before You Ever Feel It)

It starts with a scenario of a person getting infected.

You call a friend and arrange to meet for lunch. It’s unseasonably springlike, so you choose a place with outdoor seating, which seems like it should be safer. As usual, you take all reasonable precautions: You use hand sanitizer, sit a good distance from other customers, and try to avoid touching your face, though that last part is hard. A part of you suspects that this whole thing might be overblown.

What you don’t know is that ten days ago, your friend’s father was a guest of his business partner at the University Club, where he caught the novel coronavirus from the wife of a cryptocurrency speculator. Three days after that, he coughed into his hand before opening the door of his apartment to welcome his son home. The saliva of COVID-19 patients can harbor half a trillion virus particles per teaspoon, and a cough aerosolizes it into a diffuse mist. As your friend walked through the door he took a breath and 32,456 virus particles settled onto the lining of his mouth and throat.

Viruses have been multiplying inside his body ever since. And as he talks, the passage of his breath over the moist lining of his upper throat creates tiny droplets of virus-laden mucus that waft invisibly into the air over your table. Some settle on the as-yet-uneaten food on your plate, some drift onto your fingers, others are drawn into your nasal sinus or settle into your throat. By the time you extend your hand to shake good-bye, your body is carrying 43,654 virus particles. By the time you’re done shaking hands, that number is up to 312,405. "

Msg #617768

2 replies
New Stimulus Package.
By Susan/CA on 3/25/20 1:01pm

So, I am assuming since I filed my 2018 taxes I will get a check from the government. How will the government know I am not working right now? Thoughts?

Msg #617758

25 replies
Been days since looking in on you all....
By Pamela/CA on 3/25/20 11:46am

Holy Moley, Guys! Your language, mounting fear, and dire warnings are near manic now. Come on, You are better than that.

There are literally thousands of people working around you providing services. Trash Removal, postal carriers and post offices, nurses (hospital & traveling), ALL law enforcement (FBI, Police, CHP, etc), grocery store employees, Title employees, Lender employees, home care services, FedEx, UPS, Ministers, drive-thru restaurants, Mom&Pops cafes, AAA road services, and CLEANERS (they too are exempt!). The list of exemptions are exhaustive.

California issued its exemptions under sec 9 of the CoronaVirus Health Act. I am following those protocols. It makes zero difference to me whether you work or you do not for your personal reasons.
I am not pointing any fingers and you should not be making judgements on those of us willing to provide services to the Public for their financial transactions!

Bob and I have gotten calls from the LENDERS directly, offering us $400 and $800(!!) to take their loans and drive 100 miles out b/c no other NSA would touch it. We understand their desperation, and as one LO commented, "Never knew my loan could be cancelled by a Notary!"
Well we certainly have them all thinking now! LOL. I'm sure CA will go the RON direction.

Anyway, we are only doing this for the BO's many of whom started their loans 2 to 3 months ago and are taking out BIG cash - several told me they never expected a virus to shut down their work and will live on the cash. Well, that's good, they probably will not qualify after the virus passes.

Bob and I are exempt under the rules - however, we only take signings that must meet OUR requirements - which I gotta tell you, I'm loving after years being under the thumb and kicked around by Title & SS's.

OUR REQUIREMENTS
1. In our County ONLY.

2. Signers must have an outdoor space to sign - if no table/chairs - we bring the folding set we bought for this

3. We print out docs with gloves on.

4. We wear mask and gloves to signings AND provide gloves to Signers (keeps docs clean).

5. We've already instructed Signers to the Procedures - so their ID's are on the table waiting for us.
(If upon arrival we see ANYONE coughing or ill - we WALK! PERIOD!)

6. Signers stand aside while we place the package on their end of the table, Journal on top open to their signing lines along with the thumbprint kit. Pretty straight forward.

7. We sit 6 feet away with the BO's copy docs on our flat top TV tray we bring.

8. They sign Journal, Thumbprint and leave those aside and we begin the Signing.

9. At notary pages - we either stamp and sign the one in the Copy and put it aside or if we are at one of those slickery type table, they'll slide it down for us to notarized and we slide it back.

10. At the end, we congratulate them on their closing and step aside allowing us to retrieve orig, journal etc and leave their copy and ID.

Since the shut down we've been very lucky to complete 32 so far in this new format - its efficient and Effective.

We've given up about 38% of our business b/c it is out of our County. We sleep well, take our vitamins, eat lots of blueberries (frozen are better tasting) and are feeling great.

To all those who are continuing their work - Keep On Keeping On. Take care... this will be over soon.

Msg #617745

2 replies
imho, all 'notary not there' solutions to the virus mess
By Lee/AR on 3/25/20 10:21am

are also promoting RON. It's either a traditional 'in-person' notarization or it's NOT. Can't have it both ways.
It is what it is.

Msg #617742

9 replies
Besides the new push for RON, has anyone considered doing
By  MW/VA on 3/25/20 10:02am

their signings via skype? Leave the paper docs at the door, connect via skype to see them sign, answer questions, etc., and then retrieve the docs. I just thought of this & it could work. A lot of business is now being conducted via skype.

Msg #617732

15 replies
New York - Emergency Covid - 19 - VIDEO NOTARIZATIONS
By Trithon on 3/25/20 8:02am

New York Notaries - New York State implemented emergency Video Notarization Protocols for Notarizations. I have told as many other notaries as I could and also signing companies and title companies. So far it’s been my experience that SS and Escrow have NOT adopted these procedures avd have in full forced continued to send Notaries into hazardous situations endangering New York Notaries as well as Signers by requiring in-person contact. They are not following social distancing principals as outlined by the CDC and they are refusing to follow or adopt New York’s emergency video notarization procedures, presumably because its business as usual for them. Please spread the word, stay home and be an advocate for your self, your family and community. Below is a link to my COID-19 emergency procedures. Be safe everyone we will get threw this!

Link to our Covid-19 emergency procedures:

https://buffalonotaryservices.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Covid-Video-Teleconference-Procedures-in-New-York.pdf

Msg #617716

13 replies
Coronavirus
By BANDJ on 3/24/20 8:00pm

Anyone figure out how to do signing from 6 ft away. Until I can figure that I am not doing signings. How about how others how are you handle it.

Msg #617714

9 replies
I propose we share resources.
By NK_UT on 3/24/20 7:46pm

I am not a person who enjoys talk when it comes to serious issues. Done today is better than perfect tomorrow as far as decisive action during hard times. With our friends and colleagues being forced to make the extraordinarily difficult decision between self-isolation and the risk of contracting and/or spreading a deadly illness, we are all between a rock and a hard place.

I for one have survived the last several crises (both inside of and outside the US) by being adaptable and flexible. As this crisis begins to stand up on its own two feet and take swipes at our lives and livelihoods, my mind turns to finding the cracks through which one can slip to survive.

I'm sure that many of you are the same way. However, seeing so many of our colleagues wanting to find ways to squeeze just one more signing out of a rapidly closing window is concerning to me. I don't want to hear of any of you getting sick, getting hospitalized, dying, or bearing the guilt of having been the transmission vector by which your friends, loved ones, or clients suffered the same.

I am proposing a thread to act as a repository of information on how we can survive the crisis without relying on signings. It may not be ideal, and it may even requiring sucking up a bit of pride to accept a lower per-hour income. But it's better than earning nothing and having no recourse and it's better than risking your wellbeing and that of others in your community.

The information I'm proposing is a list of online-only sources of income. This way everyone can at least stabilize their banks accounts from the safety and security of self-isolation.

Please add any helpful links below. These can be in the form of safe links to videos, blogs, articles, etc. that have information on how to earn money online with the equipment that all of us already own.

Here's my first contribution.
"9 High Paying Online Jobs in 2020": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5dyYQQyIk&t=625s

Msg #617671

18 replies
Anyone know if a notary testing positive? n/m
By shooterclay on 3/24/20 3:09pm

Msg #617666

4 replies
From the CA SOS office....
By SanDiegoStar on 3/24/20 2:54pm

I wrote to the CA SOS with my concerns of mobile notarizations in our current state of emergency and asking for clarification regarding essential services. This was their response.

“ As you may be aware, the Governor of the State of California has requested that residents of California stay at home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Although this doesn't seem to apply to individuals whose job is considered an essential function, our office cannot make the determination whether or not a notary public is considered essential at this time. We recommend you contact the county health department for further guidance.

At this time, no new laws changes have been made to the California notary public laws. Therefore, all California notaries public must use the current notary laws when performing their notarial duties.

Please note, there are no provisions in the California notary laws that prohibits a California notary public from performing an electronic notarial act. If an electronic notarial act is performed, the notary public must abide by all the requirements of a paper-based transaction.

For additional information, please refer to the Electronic Notarizations section on page 20 of the 2020 Notary Public Handbook available on our website.”

Please note, CA notaries are permitted to do electronic notarizations however the same personal appearance and other requirements remain. The only functional difference is to have less physical paperwork.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.