Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #621495

16 replies
Indiana Notaries
By kcg on 6/28/20 11:36am

Have you seen IC 32-21-2-3, going into effect July 1, 2020 which will require any instrument in relation to deed, land contract, lease, etc and or any insurance Mortgage or any assignment or modification of an insured mortgage in a loan policy to have an acknowledgement AND a proof form with a witness signature?

The proof is a common law proof of a witness to the signing of the above mentioned document. Witness must be a disinterested party, must be put under oath, witness the execution. This is for RON also. The witness cannot be the RE agent, loan officer or anyone remotely connected.

Opinions?

Msg #621493

4 replies
Drove to Cayucos yesterday for a couple of closings
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/28/20 9:03am

Nice day at the beach, hoards of people safe distancing along the coast. Vacationers are galore, escaping the heat of the Central Valley. I could hardly wait to get back to town and get docs out. I have a couple of more signings this morning. Borrowers from Laguna Beach. They bought a second home here and are leaving the southland for higher ground and less population on the Central Coast. We safe distanced on their scenic deck and worked through the piles of docs. This was the craziest month end I've had in 20+ years. All I can say is "YEEHAW". Let's do it.

Very wonderful people along my trails. Wonder what July will be like.

Msg #621490

3 replies
Fedex closed today- anyone else
By aanotary on 6/27/20 11:12pm

I did a signing sort of out of the way- used my gps after to find fedex ( it came up as closed on my phone) I figured- small town , covid19 . I"ll drive towards home, which is Sacramento and drop off there. When I got to That Fedex it was " temporarily closed " also. Anyone else or only in the Sacramento, Ca. area??

Msg #621477

0 replies
Venbooks
By The Shipp Firm, LLC - Robbin Shipp on 6/27/20 3:26pm

Anyone use Venbooks? Any thoughts on this invoicing tool?

Msg #621466

2 replies
Thank you Mr. Bacerra for making our voice heard...
By  Matt Miller on 6/27/20 9:42am

...at the national level. http://blog.docmagic.com/ron-update-three-steps-forward-one-step-back

Msg #621462

13 replies
I Was Totally Mask Shamed By Signers Yesterday
By PegiT_MN on 6/27/20 7:31am

Seller's package yesterday and when I confirmed the appointment with the husband I requested that we do it outside. He was totally appalled that I would even make such a request. He insisted that I come into his home and do it. I also informed him that I would be wearing a mask and if we could socially distance during the signing that would be great. Just trying to follow some of the protocol set forth by some of the lender's and title companies I am working for as I work with a lot of immunocompromised signers and I have just made it standard practice to wear a mask, perform outdoor closings, and socially distance during this time. So after a 12 minute confirmation call having to explain and defend my actions, he agreed and said he would have some tv trays out on the front porch.

So when I arrive, he proceeds to laugh at me for wearing a mask, his wife seems to find great pleasure in this and giggles and rolls her eyes at me. They tell me how they have just traveled to Naples and no one is wearing a mask there. I then tell him that in Miami, it is mandatory to wear a mask. He proceeds to make some racial statement about Miami and then tells me that he is a Trumpster and if I am not a Trumpster he doesn't want me in his house anyway.

The signing went even more downhill from there. Many comments were made by him about my mask and doing an outdoor closing. I couldn't get out of there fast enough.

My next closing was with a gentleman suffering from multiple myeloma who had recently undergone a stem cell transplant. He was so thankful that I was willing to do an outdoor closing and wear a mask. It is for people like that, I will continue to wear my mask, do outdoor closings, socially distance, and hopefully stop the spread of this horrid virus.

For some it may be just a cold, for others it could mean the end of life. I refuse to compromise my integrity.

Msg #621441

9 replies
Borrower diagnosed C-19 Positive
By famena on 6/26/20 6:53pm

I was notified by Borrower that he was C-19 positive and his wife was waiting for results. I called title immediately to reject the assignment.

The loan pack included the following form that I wish Lender or Title could complete prior to designating a Notary:

SELF-DECLARATION BY BORROWER
If the answer is “yes” to any of the following questions, Notary services will be denied.

Have you or household family members returned from international
travel within the last 14 days?
YES NO

Have you or household family members had close contact with or
cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
YES NO

Have you or household family members experienced any cold or
flu-like symptoms in the last 14 days (fever, cough, sore throat,
respiratory illness, difficulting breathing)?
YES NO

Msg #621436

7 replies
Instant Ink
By Laura D. Valencia iNotarizeU on 6/26/20 6:07pm

ATTENTION:

I just wanted to share this link I've been using Instant Ink service a couple of months now. I just found my self also running to grab Ink and it's so costly, a friend introduced me to this service so I wanted to share with you all. I'm so happy I never run out of Ink.

http://try.hpinstantink.com/NwBvD

Msg #621431

3 replies
Signing company owned by FNF...
By Jose Gutierrez on 6/26/20 4:32pm

was having a glitch or something. I was getting a notification like every minute with a new signing in my area and they I wanted to get it or see if I could do it it never appeared in my screen. I am running an
iPhone 11 with 13.5.1 version and my app is updated. Any body had the same experience yesterday?

Msg #621426

4 replies
Chenea Grisham, Independence OH-scheduler adds stress to job
By NotaryOH on 6/26/20 3:35pm

The following was sent to Accurate Group of Independence, OH:

Chanea, please apologize for the way you treated me on this order, as follows:
1) You removed me from the signing because "I couldn't stay on the phone while driving".
2) You reassigned the order for "not being able to stay on the phone while driving" after I printed the docs and confirmed.
3) You lied saying, "the application was removed."
4) You refused to pay my print fee.
5) Worst of all, you attacked my character saying, "You were very rude and we're disappointed with your service. You will not be paid a print fee".

Chenea Grisham, as a reminder, docs were not uploaded in time for Saturday, a wrong phone number and a wrong email address were provided. Next, you bash the notary, calling the notary "very rude". How is this acceptable?

Chanea Grisham Jun 25, 2020 at 8:34am HST
Your fee was added.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:21am HST
I can see that my print fee is approved. Stinks that I had to follow up a handful of times with you Chanea Grisham. I printed the docs and deserve to be compensated for my time.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:06am HST
I printed the docs and made contact with the signer. Please approve a $10.00 print fee. This was cancelled after making contact with the signer and printing the docs.

Jun 25, 2020 at 8:06am HST
Chanea Grisham you thanked me yesterday for assisting with this and apologized for the wrong contact info and not uploading the docs. I spent time emailing the signer and calling the signer. It was a wrong phone number and email. You were thankful for the time I spent and the trouble due to the wrong phone number, the wrong email address, etc. You acknowledged that the docs weren't uploaded in time for Saturday's signing. I was responsive to you the entire time. Not once was I rude.

Msg #621425

7 replies
Has Quicken gone off the rails?
By aanotary on 6/26/20 3:29pm

I had 2 in the last 3 days- both had to be redrawn before I even shipped the docs? one borrower had to sign 3 times in 2 days- Quicken made mistakes on the docs in both cases

Msg #621422

1 replies
Air Card
By MariW/FL on 6/26/20 2:44pm

I'm considering purchasing an air card because my home internet connection has become unreliable - does anyone have any experience with this? Which one should I choose?

Msg #621420

1 replies
Working on Island time ...
By  Yoli/CA on 6/26/20 11:46am

Have a purchase signing today at 4:30pm for property in Hawaii. Initial confirmation said it requires scanbacks and making same day Fedex. When I saw that, I immediately emailed (FNF) tc and informed them that given time of signing I could either make same day shipping or scanbacks but not both - I could, however, scanback today and make Saturday's Fedex. She promptly agreed with latter scenario. Here's the hitch: We don't have docs yet. She'll <<try>> (emphasis mine) to get 'em done by 9am Hawaii time. That's 12pm in California.

Now, Fidelity is usually pretty good at getting docs out timely. Hope that holds true for Hawaii office as I have another appointment at 2pm in the opposite direction and I don't carry a printer. Wink

Msg #621419

4 replies
A new one for me
By Ellen The Notary on 6/26/20 10:26am

So, we have all dealt with all kind of distractions at our signings. Dogs barking and crying when they are locked up because of us, Children screaming and climbing on the table, cats walking across our paperwork, and that is all fine and good, but yesterday I heard a pig snorting....and there it was..... in the family room inside a white picket fence. Just had to share.

Msg #621411

3 replies
Are you okay with your clients sharing/discussing your
By Alz on 6/26/20 8:35am

fee schedule with others, i.e. interoffice, satellite offices, other branches, etc.?

Personally, I don't care, if it is only the fee schedule. But I do object to the discussions about the discounts given. As I give a variety of discounts to various clients for a variety of reasons. Not all discounts are created equal.

What are your thoughts on the matter?

Msg #621405

8 replies
Printer
By Laura D. Valencia iNotarizeU on 6/26/20 2:30am

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a new printer any suggestions what to get?

Laura

Msg #621400

15 replies
part of email I got about new loan mod due to Covid
By CST on 6/25/20 8:14pm

We know many of you know the loan modifications ??? Signings, helps First American and many major lenders get completed. Low paying product, but is helping many Americans.
Covid-19 has brought on a new increase of Partial Claims agreements You might ask, what is the difference between a loan mod and a Partial Claims.
From a signing agents perspective, the package is about 10-15 pages, what a Partial Claims does for home owners is in valuable.

I have this company blocked on my phone. They offer $30 to do debt settlements...so how low is low? I rarely get an offer that doesn't involve an hour of driving so you know I don't accept $30, let alone low paying product. i removed the company name.

Msg #621388

0 replies
Mortgage Services (for Neighborhood CU) St. Louis, MO G/B/U n/m
By Lee/AR on 6/25/20 3:41pm

Msg #621375

1 replies
Capital Closers in PA? g/b/u
By NC_Notary on 6/25/20 9:47am

Has anyone done closings for Capital Closers in PA? They are not in signing central and previous posts don't seem to have anyone's experience with them either. TIA

Msg #621373

4 replies
Hybrid signing last night with an appraiser
By  Cheryl Elliott on 6/25/20 9:17am

When I arrived I asked had he gone onto the portal and created his account, logged in and reviewed and approved his docs, and he had not.le I was only able to email and leave voice mails all day to remind him to do this, but he was too busy in the field to read/hear my messages before I arrived. By this time, 6 pm, his login/password/pin had expired. We contacted support and they immediately assisted us on the spot. Not too painful, but this has not happened to me ever before. Tried to call 313-xxx-xxxx number several times, and it rang busy for several minutes as I tried numerous times.

Just thought this might help others who have late afternoon hybrid closings.

It was a great signing. Sat in their deck in a very comfortable upholstered settee, lemon, apple and apricot trees abundant with fruit in their tiny little urban garden behind their charming Craftsman home, soft rock music in the background. Not all my signings have such ambiance. I was particularly in awe of their 5' Brussels sprouts stalks in the raised veggie boxes.

I must have looked undernourished as they loaded me up with sparkling water, bananas, string cheese and almonds as we worked through our iPads and laptops.

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.