Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #622558

14 replies
New to the game
By Alexis Turner on 7/29/20 3:34pm

My name is Alexis, I am new to the signing agent game (its Title Insurance Producer here) from Maryland.

What are your must haves (other than requirements, I am already a standard Notary) but things that help you the most setting up your business.

What do you wish you would have known starting out?

Did you have a mentor?

I am getting ready to send off my application for my TIP shortly but thought it would be nice to get some feedback from experienced signers.

-nice to "meet" all of yo--Alexis

Msg #622557

2 replies
Now, this is craziness
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/29/20 3:29pm

Borrower just called me to say Carmax Financial just received his HELOC loan docs instead of his CU?? Why did I do that and not send them to his CU?

Okay, I'll research this...turns out the CU loan officer created an airbill to return docs to Carmax.

Borrower is furious his docs being delayed by circulating to an unrelated entity located in the Central Valley instead of LA. I WOULD BE TOO.

Waiting for docs for 2pm refi...I call the borrower to confirm and he says, "no, we're signing tomorrow. Confo says TODAY at 2pm. We'll see.

I negotiate a $90 fee to $125 and the confo comes in at $90. I spend time trying to explain I'll be giving this up if this $90 fee is all they are willing to pay.

Tearing my hair out, and ready for a nap! But too much happening.

I get it now. The month end circus is over, and I'm in the ring shoveling up all the elephant poop!

Msg #622552

5 replies
So what is your Covid screening script?
By CH2inCA on 7/29/20 2:13pm

And how committed are you?

I call the borrower to confirm, ask them if anyone in their household has been sick in the last two weeks.
I ask if they've come in contact with anyone diagnosed with Covid in the last two weeks as far as they're aware.
I tell them I will be wearing a mask and distancing 6' as much as possible.

The answers have been not sick and not exposed so far. But I wonder how committed I am to cancelling the signing if they say that they have been sick or that they have been exposed. I've had one client say they were told by inlaws that they 'may' have been exposed. We did the signing anyway, were very careful I didn't even handle the IDs they placed them on the table near me and I looked them over from there. The poor gent was spraying everything with Lysol as we worked! Luckily it was a hybrid and they'd done their part online before I got there.

As far as wearing a mask, I won't give in at all there, I WILL wear a mask until I get back to my car and slather my hands in sanitizer then remove the mask and place in trash-bag. (using disposable) But I have had one signer that was pretty belligerent about not wearing a mask, told him flat out I wasn't doing his signing and turned it back to the hiring party. Later he sent a text saying he was willing to wear a mask if we met at a park, but not on his property. Nope sorry--not sorry.

What's your MO?

Msg #622551

3 replies
Printing fee for title company
By Jennifer Mumford on 7/29/20 1:55pm

How much would you invoice a printing fee for a title company after you already printed two sets of docs (160 pages each) and the title company cancelled on you 4 hour before appointment. Title said they would compensate me and to just send an invoice. Thank you.

Jen

Msg #622537

12 replies
Temperature Check
By RedBaron/IN on 7/29/20 10:47am

How many of you temperature check the borrowers before you sit down to sign?

Msg #622522

3 replies
Service Link
By Annette Attanssio on 7/29/20 7:25am

HI

Can anyone tell me how long Service Link keeps your scorecard . I made an error and now my scorecard is in the red? Will I keep getting signings from them ?

Msg #622521

6 replies
Indiana Notaries...Read
By kcg on 7/29/20 7:25am

There is another new twist for us. As of July 1, any new notary applicant AND notaries renewing their commission must now have a criminal check run by the Indiana State Police. There is a fee for this new requirement payable to the police dept. You will also probably need a background check per year for vendors.

Someone down in Indianapolis sure is working to making life harder for us!

Msg #622499

8 replies
medical POA
By Laura Ketterman on 7/28/20 2:14pm

I have 2 girlfriends who are sisters. Their Mother is facing health challenges and wants her ex-husband removed from a medical POA. Do I need any additional paperwork from my friends (their Mom)? Divorce decree?

Thank you.

Msg #622496

10 replies
CONSUMER REPORTS: The TOP ranked all-in-one printerS
By grapebed on 7/28/20 1:42pm

1.Brother MFC-L5700DW printer
2.Brother DCP-L5500DN printer
3.Brother HL-L2395DW printer
4.Brother MFC-L2750DW printer
5.Canon imageClass MF267dw printer

Re: Brother MFC-L5700DW printer

"Highs:

Excellent, very fast, cheap black text printing
Excellent photocopies
Auto-feeder scans/copies a stack of pages
Auto-duplexing prints both sides of a page
Second tray for full-size paper
Fax feature
High yield of prints from one toner cartridge
OCR software included

Lows:

Monochrome graphics quality only Fair
$340 is very expensive for this type
Long-term cost is very high among mono lasers
Takes up more space than most"

Msg #622491

2 replies
Errors and Omissions Insurance in Colorado
By Olga Pillitteri on 7/28/20 11:08am

Hello,
I am a new notary signing agent. I would like to get an advise about the E$O insurance coverage in Colorado.
What coverage should I buy and if anybody can recommend a company where to buy?

Also, I need an advise how to start receiving jobs as a signing agent. What would be good websites to register for the
NSA jobs.
Thank you.

Msg #622485

4 replies
Last day of month end yesterday blew up my phone!
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/28/20 8:15am

During my last two signings of the day my phone rang and rang and rang. All last-minute closings. I wanted to get home before dark and water my tomatoes so my last signing was at 7pm. Just wasn't up for dragging my butt home at 10 pm and falling into bed or falling period like I did a couple of weeks ago after 8 signings in one day.

Hope everyone had a stealthy month-end. I'm ramping up for another busy month.

Msg #622469

5 replies
RON vs Standard Loan Signing
By Tom Orsat on 7/27/20 6:24pm

Has anybody had any information as to the usage of RON compared to standard loan signing? I'm pretty sure it's increased over the past few months, but what has anybody seen as far as percentage usage?

Msg #622464

1 replies
Orange Coast Lender Services 412 Area Code G/B/U???
By Lee/AR on 7/27/20 4:40pm

Neither SC nor a search turned up anything nor is a city, state shown...just the # 412-788-2923. Thru SnapDocs Frown

Msg #622454

4 replies
ok I tried to search with no luck
By  canotaryhere on 7/27/20 2:41pm

Xome Signings are they paying?

Msg #622445

21 replies
Workhorse 5470 died
By Mung/CA on 7/27/20 1:42pm

Considering the 6200. Anyone have experience/comments with either of these?

Msg #622436

0 replies
Discountlots? G/B/U - Anyone work with them? N/M n/m
By snowlover/PA on 7/27/20 10:10am

Msg #622432

1 replies
Hysterical July 2020 month end
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/27/20 9:08am

Crazy busy, my phone rang off the hook. I was booked solid on Saturday, but the phone rang incessantly and I finally had to say no, no, no.

In the midst of all this craziness, I had a client call asking if I could notarize a statement that his ex-wife was giving him full custody of his daughter, could I meet with him to notarize her signature. I don't think so, sir, you need to petition the court for full custody. NO CAN DO if he wants it to be legal!

The best loan I signed on Saturday was for an Army veteran who served in Afghanistan came home to marry his sweetheart nurse, they bought a house 10 years ago and just refi'd to 2.25%. Made my heart happy to see them saving so much money.

I'm either signing nurses, school teachers, engineers, doctors, lawyers, people who are blessed to still have jobs. Every file has more forms addressing indemnity/hold harmless for title and lender and a statement of non-forbearance situations with existing lenders.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting in some of the most beautiful gardens, performing my work in the shade of a pergola, shade tree or umbrella. Heck, I hope not to return to indoor signings!

Every borrower I meet with tells me how painful it was to get their loan processed due to the numbers of people trying to refinance while rates are so low. One title company has over 60,000 loans in process, trying to get all the conditions for funding resolved. The big hiccup is a verification of employment.

I got to catch my breath yesterday, enjoyed the beautiful coastal weather and social distanced dinner with friends. Back at it today...it's going to be brutal.

Msg #622431

4 replies
Declining numbers of CA notaries this month
By  Cheryl Elliott on 7/27/20 8:50am

I wonder, are many notaries moving out of CA and giving up their commissions, opting not to perform notary work during the COVID-19 pandemic?

Numbers dropped from March around 160,000 to 156,000+/- this morning.

Msg #622425

2 replies
How to make more than $50 per loan signing
By Luckydog on 7/27/20 7:43am

First email of the AM when signing on this AM to the infamous XYZ bulletin. The XYZ touting their main contributor Mark Willis.
Hmmm, did it occur to XYZ and Mark Willis they are the factor of these $50.00 signings being offered? How about stop spitting out so many NSA's every month flooding our industry driving wages offered lowered and promising them 6 figure incomes when the reality starting out is less than minimum wage.
The truth can go a long way where, yet one gets rich off selling their program and mentoring more than 4,000 Notary Signing Agents (at $35.00 per month on FB on reference from a person I know still paying him) and the other gets rich off of trying to certify as many NSA's as they can. Neither one of those entities cares about $50.00 loan signings being offered, only what they make off your back way before you even get that far. This is just a lifeline to throw you so you don't give up on what they are selling you on.
jmo

Msg #622415

29 replies
Live Notaries, LLC
By Susan Parnell on 7/26/20 4:41pm

Anyone have experience or knowledge of a company called LIVE NOTARIES, LLC?

Got a request for a nearby appointment, they are offering to pay by Venmo since I had not worked with them before and didn't see any reviews here on NR. Can't really find much about them online either. Supposedly they are a nationwide signing service. Phone # 844-327-6658.

Thanks! - Sue

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.