Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live
Msg #630844

16 replies
I am the 2nd notary in a signing today
By Gavina Franklin on 3/31/21 1:23pm

The first notary made multiple mistakes. Should I contact her to make her aware of them, or just let it go?

Msg #630841

4 replies
2020 Income Taxes anyone?
By Alz on 3/31/21 12:52pm

I haven’t seen any dialogue about the downside of making a substantial amount of money (whatever that is to you) in this business. Lack of planning was certainly my downfall or should I say not enough contributions made to my quarterly taxes. Damn Gina!

I was so caught up in the day to day signing tasks, that I apparently overlooked the business operations. Yites! Needless to say, 2021 strategies are now in place to soften the blow, so to speak, to the government.

Msg #630840

12 replies
Isn't GA an attorney-only state?
By  Yoli/CA on 3/31/21 12:22pm

Received a PM from a fellow NSA today regarding one of my posts below asking how to register with that company. That NSA is in GA. My response to her PM was asking if she's an attorney and informed her GA is an attorney-only state. No response from her as of yet.

Obviously, she reads this forum. To that NSA: I did not ignore your inquiry. I simply refuse to be complicit in something that may not be allowed.

Msg #630838

5 replies
why is it that most of the companies listed are no longer in
By  canotaryhere on 3/31/21 11:57am

business including numerous ones that do not state that they are out of business? Are they just left there to make the list look longer

Msg #630828

3 replies
Very interesting…..Never had to execute a Service Agreement
By Alz on 3/31/21 10:35am

in the past with this TC. Things are certainly changing.

The other day I received a Notary / Signing Service Agreement from one of my directs. Was told that it is now a company policy.

Please note that I’m not adverse to changes; however, I am curious to know what prompted this change. As, I’ve been working with the company for a very long time. My guess is that is is just one of those things.

Still waiting for a possible explanation, but will not be holding my breathe. IMJS.

Msg #630824

5 replies
Forseti Real Estate Services, Orlando, FL
By  Yoli/CA on 3/31/21 10:20am

Have worked with them sporadically for several years. They agree to pay good fees. Here's the glitch ... for the past couple of years, have had to remind them of invoice in order to get paid.

Example:
Did signing on 2/25/21. Agreed to fee is $225. Payment was due on 3/27/21. Reminder sent 3/30/21. Their response on 3/30th: "Check 33965 in the amount of 225.00 was cut for this so you should be receiving it soon. If you do not have it by this time next week, please let us know. 😊"

My options:
1. Keep working with them and be prepared to remind them for each invoice;
2. Keep working with them and set up my accounting program to automatically remind them 1 week prior to due date of upcoming payment; or,
3. Quit working with them.

Considering I work with them infrequently, guess I'll try Option #2. For a time or two .......

Msg #630819

0 replies
Message Deleted
By User from 181.214.107.28 on 3/31/21 8:02am

This message has been deleted by a forum moderator.

Reason: Author Request - Special Exception

Msg #630815

2 replies
Eagle BPO Services
By Steven Zucal on 3/31/21 1:15am

Hello All,

I have a signing from signingorder.com and the hiring company is Eagle BPO Services. Has anyone done business with this company before? Thanks for your help!

Steve

Msg #630801

1 replies
Pavaso
By famena on 3/30/21 6:18pm

What Ipad do you recommend?

Msg #630792

10 replies
New Notary
By Misti Morgan Chumley on 3/30/21 4:04pm

My nephew lives in Gulf Breeze Fl and wants to start doing closings. I Have worked as a self employed closer in a Title Company Part time for almost 9 years.
I only work with my office.
Could anyone tell me how is it out in the field for new closing agents?
I want to help him!
Thanks so much⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Msg #630790

6 replies
!!ATTENTION CA NOTARIES!!!
By Matt Miller on 3/30/21 2:51pm

If you are an Immigration Consultant, I want to hear from you! We have an active bill in the CA legislature that will make significant changes to the IC program. (SB 670-Cabarello). I'd like to get your opinion of the proposed changes. Email your thoughts about this bill to: info@calnotaries.org

http://leginfo.legislature.ca.gov/faces/billTextClient.xhtml?bill_id=202120220SB670&search_keywords=%22notary+public%22

Msg #630789

3 replies
Got an all nighter for Thursday, 9 investment refi files
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/30/21 2:51pm

I think my max in any one setting was 6. Should be interesting.

Msg #630782

6 replies
The Closer LLC - WOW! - sent out a mass email in error
By Mobile1/PA on 3/30/21 10:12am

The Closer LLC sent out a mass email offering "ACH Sign Up!" yesterday.

"The Closer, LLC is now offering an ACH deposit.
Please fill out the form and make sure you reply to all so we can get you set up going forward. Thank you!"

They did not Bcc , hundreds of emails are visible.

Not sure if it was a hack or scam but "They" did respond that it was an error.

Do Not reply to all.

Disregard and delete for your safety.

Msg #630775

4 replies
Inspire Closings
By Bravo on 3/29/21 10:22pm

Has anyone else run into non payment issues with this company? I have worked for them for years doing 10-12 signings each month for them. Suddenly they are not paying.

Msg #630766

2 replies
RON
By TacomaBoy on 3/29/21 7:35pm

Q. Has anyone from Washington State tried Remote Online (Video) Notarizations? Howz it going? Q. Has anyone in here use DocVerify for loan signing and/or notarizations? Good/Bad/Ugly?

Msg #630765

14 replies
I need to vent
By IAC on 3/29/21 6:59pm

All newbee need to read this from a seasoned notary of 30 plus years, a mobile notary for 12 plus years. Why is it lately borrowers tell me how easy I have it. This happened 3 x,s this past week. I proceed to tell them it may seem easy to them but what they do not see the the time and expense a person puts in to finalize their long awaited refi. Not to mention the complaining of borrowers we have to listen to the houses that the borrowers fail to tell you their address is missing or their street is not mapquest friendly, But this past week was the lady that keep kissing her pet rat and putting it in her shirt to run along her chest. YUK! When I left the house I swear I went thru my bottle of hand sanitizer, yes I left the pens! I have been in some pretty horrid homes, had dogs pee on my jacket (that happend this week as well).

Msg #630763

3 replies
Federal Reserve Board called me just now
By  Cheryl Elliott on 3/29/21 5:50pm

and for fun, I pressed 1 to speak to an agent, who barely speaks English. I asked him to take me off his call list, after telling my husband is an FBI agent. He laughed, and said I am very funny. And, I said "you're an #^@% idiot, then he called me the same thing. I hung up. We were getting nowhere.

I've got the afternoon off. Running over to a neighbor's to pick up some farm fresh eggs. Not working my tail off does sometimes get me into trouble. Hopefully, our exchange of words will get me axed from the phone list of the Federal Research Board.

Blocked the number showing as a Riverside CA number "CORONA HARDWOOD"...who are these slicksters? 951-278-4256

Msg #630761

3 replies
Journals
By Cynthia Anthony on 3/29/21 4:44pm

I'm in Missouri, do I need a separate Journal for a neighboring state.

Msg #630760

10 replies
Delivery of documents
By Daniel Pena on 3/29/21 4:22pm

Hi everyone, is it common to drop off finished notorized docs with owner/employee of the contracting company? instead of shipping or dropping off directly with title company?

Msg #630756

3 replies
I'm in need of a new carry case of sorts....
By Alz on 3/29/21 11:34am

Currently, using a Vaultz Personal File Tote , which is my second one since becoming a NSA. Broke the handles on the first one. The inside of the second is falling apart. Maybe a little bit of glue will help.

Ready for something a bit different, as this will be the last one before going into retirement.

By the way, I know we've discuss this before.

Any suggestions?

PrevNextFirstLastNew MsgSearchThreaded ViewTopics ViewLinear View  Notary Talk Live

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.