Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Notarize CT
Posted by  PAW Notary Services of FL on 12/7/04 8:09am Msg #12882
You can notarize any document within your state laws. Being in NY, I don't believe there is any boundaries other than the state lines to limit your authority. So, you can notarize a document drawn in any state, as long as you follow YOUR state laws and principles.

As for the venue, you MUST change it to match the place of the notarization. That is, State of NEW YORK, County of <<insert current COUNTY location>>>.

Color of ink is more dependent on what the author or custodian of the document wants. But often is mandated by statute (though I don't think NY states any particular color for signatures). Personally, I use blue ink, unless otherwise directed, to simply show the original from a copy (in most cases).
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Notarize CT - Margaret on 12/7/04 7:55am
 Re: Notarize CT -  PAW Notary Services on 12/7/04 8:09am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.