Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I agree...
Posted by JanetK_CA of CA on 7/20/06 1:27am Msg #134210
"Your opinion, asigner, is worthless... " and potentially incorrect, I might add. I don't claim to be an expert in this area, but I've come across a number of situations (I'm talking CA here...) where property was acquired before marriage, but spouse has signed an Interspousal Transfer Deed. In these cases, it's acceptable for one spouse to sign alone, if the lender is OK with that. (Some want both signatures on certain docs regardless.) As Sylvia so aptly put it, it's not for us to make that determination. We should ask the title co and follow directions. This is an area that generates lots of confusion because people are often misinformed or not fully informed, but definitely not up to us to be dictating who signs what. Certainly not in my community property state, at least!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 spouse signs (PLEASE add knowledge to this) NEWBIES READ - asigner on 7/19/06 4:29pm
 Re: spouse signs (PLEASE add knowledge to this) NEWBIES READ -  Sylvia_FL on 7/19/06 4:38pm
 "Please add knowledge" Not here, Newbies please "Don't" read -  TitleGalCA on 7/19/06 11:18pm
 I agree... - JanetK_CA on 7/20/06 1:27am
 Re: Genuine California Response - Thanks - asigner on 7/20/06 8:30am
 I live in a spousal state and - SueW/Tn on 7/20/06 9:42am
 Asigner -  janCA on 7/20/06 10:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.