Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State?
Posted by Art_MD of ? on 2/17/05 8:19am Msg #21007
Yes, DE is an attorney only state.

I live 40 miles from DE. Many times I've done closings for DE property - IN MARYLAND !!!

The borrowers cross into MD and I meet them at a library about 20 miles from my house. All papers etc are notarized to MD requirements.

I've never heard of a problem with this. The crossover of state lines is set up by the lender. This save somebody (hopefully the borrower) the 350-500 lawyer fee.

For the inconvience, I make sure I get extra $$$ for these closings.

If I had had that call, I'd have explained the situation re: attorney only, told them I'd meet the borrower if they wanted me to (I have 3 locations I can use for closings - I pick the easiest for borrowers to get to), would say that I can meet them at xxx.(20-25 miles from house) and the charge would be $125 if docs were with borrower or overnited to me.

Hope this helps

Art
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Delaware--Attorney Only State? - Debbie/NJ on 2/17/05 8:09am
 Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State? - Art_MD on 2/17/05 8:19am
 Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State? - Art_MD on 2/17/05 8:29am
 Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State? - Korey Humphreys on 2/17/05 10:55am
 Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State? -  Loretta Reed on 2/17/05 9:43pm
 Re: Delaware--Attorney Only State? - Debbie/NJ on 2/18/05 2:08pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.