Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings
Posted by HisHughness of ? on 6/3/04 11:09am Msg #2642
It is a fallacy to relate only the size of the document package to the signing agent's fee. That's only one factor, and most often not the major one.
I live in a city with the nation's most congested expressway. I cover five counties. The drive time to an assignment often substantially exceeds the signing time. Further, I invest a good amount of office time in a closing: faxing a report memo to the signing service, a report letter to the title company, setting up, updating and closing a file, getting the package to the courier. All of that takes time, and it is time that I know in advance I will have to expend. My fee takes that into account. I normally don't even know the size of the document package within 30-50 pages when I take a closing.
So, when someone tells me there are only a few stampings, it essentially is irrelevant to what I charge. The exception is when I get into two loans; in such cases, someone is getting paid for seeing that two loans get executed, and as the one overseeing the execution, I want a share of that.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - Anonymous on 5/20/04 8:26pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - AnonymousToo on 5/20/04 9:18pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - Anonymous on 5/21/04 6:32am
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - sue on 5/21/04 7:50am
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - notary on 5/21/04 10:59am
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - Anonymous on 5/21/04 12:15pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50-An.. - Stephanie on 5/21/04 3:25pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings -  Donna McGee on 5/23/04 6:56pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - Sylvia/FL on 5/24/04 8:00am
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - notary on 5/20/04 10:59pm
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - DocumentService.com on 6/3/04 10:50am
 Re: Another case of veterans telling us not to take $50 signings - HisHughness on 6/3/04 11:09am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.