Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Docs should be there in an hour (yeah right)
Posted by dvbell_IL of ? on 5/9/05 7:27pm Msg #36753
I've had a situation happen enough times that now I need to run it past you wiser ones :-):

Receive a call about 9am(CT) from SS(West Coast) with a refi/edoc closing in my area for 1pm(CT). The travel is within 30 min so I accept and am straightforward about my fee. They promise me e-mail confirmation and I ask again where they are located because I am CT so docs must be to my within an hour.

Confirmation comes promptly after which I contact a very nice borrower who has no idea that their closing is set for 1 pm. Her husband works til 6 and can only meet around 6:30 or 7 at the earliest. I let them know my role and that I need to call to firm up that time. By the way I already had a commitment for the evening.

Calling SS they are all surprised that time needs to be later, but I consent to doing it. Once again I'm assured docs will be ready. Calling borrower she is hesitant because this is the 3d attempt this week to finalize her loan. I apologize for her stress (though I've had nothing to do with it).

I'm irritated because I have declined 2 midmorning/afternoon signings because this one was to occur at 1pm. Money out the window. Then 3, 4pm come and go. I call asking for docs and am told their coming. The borrower even calls me (from her caller ID) worried that she will get stood up again. She begins to call her lender repeatedly and even she is told that the docs are being worked up now.

At 5pm I call with a firm reminder that their(CT) window is closing. Now the SS can't reach lender. I give one more hour then I quit. Then 6 comes and I have to bail only to be told "Sorry we deal w/ this lender all the time I don't know what happened". I'm told the lender (who hasn't returned any calls nor produced docs) will contact the borrower and have a good night.

On top of being furious for having passed up other assignments for this bogus one, I now feel obligated to tell this borrower whose waiting by the phone and by the door that her loan will not close for the 3d time. So reluctantantly I call her for which she thanks me for having the decency to let her know. Something which the other two times she never heard.

QUESTION: Has this type of thing ever happened to anyone else? Should someone be held accountable when our time is spent waiting for loans that never happen while legitimate opportunities are passed up? Ahhhhhhh venting does help a bit!!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Docs should be there in an hour (yeah right) - dvbell_IL on 5/9/05 7:27pm
 how 'bout this? -  Charm_AL on 5/9/05 7:57pm
 Re: how 'bout this? - dvbell_IL on 5/9/05 8:02pm
 Re: how 'bout this? - Charm_AL on 5/9/05 8:17pm
 Charm has it right - Melody on 5/10/05 12:21am
 Re: Charm has it right - anon on 5/10/05 2:10am
 Re: Docs should be there in an hour (yeah right) - dvbell_IL on 5/10/05 6:35am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.