Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Adobe - what is "flattening" N/M
Posted by Gerry_VT of VT on 5/12/05 3:16am Msg #37261
Try looking at some information I found on the Adobe website:

It says that PDFs can contain transparent objects. I imagine that if an author wanted to put the word "COPY" diagonally across a page in big grey letters, the author might use a transparent object. The object might be stored once in the PDF but have to be applied to dozens of pages. The process of applying the transparent object to many different pages and determining the final appearance of each page is "flattening".

I don't know much about this process in Adobe, but this usage roughly corresponds to the way the word is used in computing in general.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Adobe - what is "flattening" N/M - Art_MD on 5/11/05 1:22pm
 No Idea. but.... - Joan-OH on 5/11/05 2:17pm
 Re: No Idea. but.... - Art_MD on 5/11/05 2:20pm
 Re: No Idea. but.... - Philem on 5/11/05 3:03pm
 Thanks Philem - Art_MD on 5/11/05 8:10pm
 Re: Adobe - what is "flattening" N/M - Gerry_VT on 5/12/05 3:16am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  
Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.