Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: precautions before providing confidential info.
Posted by ERNA_CA of CA on 5/13/05 10:43am Msg #37496
I used to sign contracts with signing agencies, but I never send copy of DL or SS. I don't sign contracts anymore, here is why. I received a call from SS for a signing, I excepted, waited all day no papers and no response to my emails requiring about loan papers, and only an answering machine when I called. About 8 pm I receive a call from Title Co. They told me they had originally called the SS but had not been able to get a hold of them all afternoon, they were frantic and told me they had tracked me down as I had done signings for for same SS same Title. They asked me to do the signing and offered me a price, I excepted, did the signing and sent the Title co. my invoice and tracking number. Next morning I receive a call from the SS demanding tracking number, I told them I had given the tracking number to the Title co. as no one had been able to get a hold of them so Title had contracted me directly. They called me for days with treats and using abusive language. I did not have a contract with this SS and I am an independent contractor, therefore I am not limited to excepting the job through the SS only. It just dose not look right to me to sign contracts therefore limiting your self as to who you can work for. Just my two cents.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 precautions before providing confidential info. - Chuck on 5/13/05 2:39am
 Re: precautions before providing confidential info. - Art_MD on 5/13/05 7:23am
 Re: precautions before providing confidential info. - Nancy in Florida on 5/13/05 8:39am
 Get an EIN... N/M -  Dave_CA on 5/13/05 9:23am
 Re: precautions before providing confidential info. - ERNA_CA on 5/13/05 10:43am
 Re: precautions before providing confidential info. - rlogan-ca on 5/13/05 12:34pm
 Re: precautions before providing confidential info. -  Susan Axelrod on 5/13/05 1:28pm
 TINs -  PAW_Fl on 5/14/05 8:13pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.