Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Interspousal Grant Deed Question
Posted by AnneSoCa of CA on 7/26/05 10:30pm Msg #54948
I received a loan package today for a borrower's refi. I was told it was for him to sign. When I took a look at the docs, I noticed there was an Interspousal Grant Deed with his wife's name on it.

No problem, I called the borrower back to let him know the wife would need to be there to sign the deed.

He told me she isn't on the title of the house, never has been and he's always owned it as his sole property (as a married man).

So, the question is, do you think the spouse needs to sign? Her name's not on the DOT, TIL or RTCs (or anywhere else in the loan package), just on the Interspousal Grant Deed. She can't be there for the appointment anyway. I told him we'd just go ahead with the signing and I'd talk to escrow tomorrow.

Anyone ever have this situation?
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Interspousal Grant Deed Question - AnneSoCa on 7/26/05 10:30pm
 Re: Interspousal Grant Deed Question - TitleGalCA on 7/26/05 10:46pm
 Re: Interspousal Grant Deed Question - AnneSoCa on 7/27/05 12:22am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.