Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

SCAMS TO BE AWARE OF
Posted by Grammyzoom of AZ on 6/10/18 11:07am Msg #594401
I don;t believe I have posted here for at least 5, but this is important and another way to get out the warning message I have to spread to as many Notaries Public as I can.

If you see an advertisement on Monster, Indeed or Glassdoor for notaries needed to do loan signings BEWARE! The advertisement will say that there are a lot of companies in your area that need you! It will sound very appealing, too good to be true, and guess what! It is to good to be true and is NOT true. You will call the phone number and they will tell you about the fantastic opportunity for work, HOWEVER, you must be certified by them to get the work. This will cost you a minimum of about $250.00 plus $89 for background screening and if you do not yet have your commission you can send them $200 and they will get it for you.

I have spoken to, and received emails from, so many vulnerable people who have been terribly hurt by signing up for this training because these are all a SCAM. Some of the names of these so called companies are REAL NOTARIES PROS (not to be confused with Notary2Pro), National Notary of America (Not National Notary Association), National Signing Source and several others. I have been working for a long time to try and shut this couple who runs all of these scams down, but no one of authority seems to care. FBI has ignored me and the information I have sent to them. I called the NNA to inform them of the similar name they were using in Florida and they managed to shut them down but with no investigation or prosecution.

So, please, they are currently working Sacramento, Florida and Houston. They advertise sporadically all over they country, get as many "students" as they can then go somewhere else. They have been working this since 2013. Warn people to do their research before signing up with any company, especially if it sounds too good to be true.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 SCAMS TO BE AWARE OF - Grammyzoom on 6/10/18 11:07am
 Any company that has to advertise for notaries must be a - grapebed on 6/10/18 2:30pm
 Re: SCAMS TO BE AWARE OF - Jim Ashley on 6/11/18 7:44am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.