Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Watch your edocs carefully... and at large
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 4/8/21 7:54pm Msg #631084
I agree this kind of scenario requires more than the basic notary signing agent. But I also doubt whether such a catch would be customary without the concrete experience Ms. C has. Of course, a definite argument here why Trust and other anomaly signings should have a higher price tag.

This A+ performance should be rewarded.*

As for checking docs, TCs are going mad right now. I know they are stretched. I had a scheduled (PLANNED) signing at least a week in advance but no CD to bors until 9:00 the night before (we have a 10:30 appt to sign). The office is about 5 mi from the signers so I pick up the docs, so NO eDocs.
Good thing. No I'm not going to review docs during my prime time - and I am traveling further than usual, so no mornings, either. I'm there before the appointment time and we are supposedly wrapping this up in 35-45 minutes cuz wife (B-1) has a conference call (which she was adamant in our previous communications about adhering to). Alrighty then . . .

We get to the Note. Bor has questions (more about format than anything) due to the fact that they had problems before when their home county was listed wrong on another document. I assure her that the Fannie doc would be okay since the county was listed correctly where the ADDRESS WAS on the page and also MY CERTIFICATE would be correct (to avoid recording issues). But a call to lender was in order (she passed the bar/law school). Can you imagine spending all that time on one doc to get to the 1003 (with husband as co-bor) and them discovering (tah-da!) that he, who "wasn't supposed to be on the loan" IS, in fact, ON THE LOAN!!

Now here is where my system failed. When I request borrower's info, I generally have All signers listed, marital status & such; also during the confirmation call I ask, "Who else is on the loan?"
When I called this time, no answer. Just sent out my detailed instructions as with every signing.
BOTH signers were on the email. Phew, okay everyone has the memo. Ready, set, go.

After the 2nd call to lender, who clearly dropped the ball explaining that using his income/assets/whathaveu made him a CO-BORROWER, we're all on the same page. Wow, this was news to them. After my confirming per the DOT that both were on title (not sure why I didn't do the Note 1st unless in package that way) all was well. Until it wasn't . . .

"Okay, we're done. Here's your FedEx envelope to forward funds due . . ."
FUNDS DUE???!!! (stabbing knife sound of horror)
"Uh, yes, remember the CD we signed at the beginning (the one you got ahead of time to review - ok, I left that out but it was written on my face)?"

The rest of the story is well past the 40 min we thought we had to sign. More calls to lender, TC (sigh). I say I have to leave but will return with a revised Note, which attorney-wannabe signer marked on. I left so they could do the money-scraping.

It ended well but was so Unnecessary if L.O. had did his job a bit more ____ (well, just a bit more).
I got a very nice email of thanks from the signers for all my help.
TC got an adjusted bill for my angst and labor pains.

Sorry, if I bored anyone.

Moral: Check the docs TC prints/prepares, as well.

(I want to be like OP when I grow up, but that's gonna take a lot more Experience with this . . .
and maybe a Title license)
*Attentive
Astute
Analytical
Accountable
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Watch your edocs carefully -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/8/21 2:19pm
 I hear ya. One of many items to check. Although, I know - Alz on 4/8/21 3:56pm
 Re: Watch your edocs carefully - Linda_H/FL on 4/8/21 4:13pm
 Re: Watch your edocs carefully - Luckydog on 4/8/21 5:05pm
 Re: Watch your edocs carefully... and at large - NVLSlady/VA on 4/8/21 7:54pm
 Well stated. I think all Professionals should strive - Alz on 4/8/21 8:34pm
 Re: Well stated. Thanks. I forgot to add... - NVLSlady/VA on 4/8/21 9:10pm
 Re: Watch your edocs carefully -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/8/21 9:44pm
 My major pet peeve and they all do it. Scan to print size!! n/m - jnew on 4/9/21 9:10am
 Got one today with a watermarked note "REVIEW COPY -  Cheryl Elliott on 4/9/21 9:25am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.