Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: The EO was set on having the CA Ack used
Posted by VT_Syrup of VT on 10/7/21 6:54am Msg #635552
Teresa/FL wrote "I know CA law permits the use of other state's forms." Lee/CA quoted the CA law that recognizes acknowledgements taken by out-of-state notaries, Civil Code § 1189. (4) (b) :

"(b) Any certificate of acknowledgment taken in another place shall be sufficient in this state if it is taken in accordance with the laws of the place where the acknowledgment is made."

So I would go further than Teresa/FL. I would say CA doesn't just PERMIT the use of another state's form, it only assures the sufficiency of an out of state acknowledgement if it follows the laws of the place where it is taken. If the out-of-state notary uses a CA acknowledgement form, and that form does not meet the requirements of the notary's state, then not only is it unacceptable in the notary's state, it's likely to be unacceptable in CA too. After all, the CA law only commands CA notaries to use the CA acknowledgement form (with certain exceptions). CA law never states that it's acceptable for an out-of-state notary to use a CA acknowledgement form.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack -  Teresa/FL on 10/5/21 7:22pm
 Re: A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack - Luckydog on 10/6/21 8:39am
 Re: A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack -  Yoli/CA on 10/6/21 10:16am
 Re: A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack -  Teresa/FL on 10/6/21 10:45am
 Excerpt from CA law on this - Lee/AR on 10/6/21 10:48am
 The EO was set on having the CA Ack used -  Teresa/FL on 10/6/21 7:42pm
 Re: The EO was set on having the CA Ack used - VT_Syrup on 10/7/21 6:54am
 Exactly -  Teresa/FL on 10/7/21 8:42pm
 Re: A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack - Jules on 10/7/21 9:57am
 Re: A Fidelity office is asking me to complete a CA Ack -  Teresa/FL on 10/7/21 8:44pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.