Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

I got a call yesterday - same song, twelth verse...
Posted by  BrendaTx of TX on 6/8/06 1:23pm Msg #124778
"Hello, this is ____. You and I need to team up -- I can help you tweak your approach to networking (writing, interacting with notaries, website building...any number of things I do).

I can help you get better at it...you can make more money, be more professional (be more like what I want you to be).

The exact offering was: How about you join me and you can make 20% off _____ (this case was notaries work/membership)? Meaning: How about you let me get you in my pocket, "fix" you and I'll feel better knowing I have you under control? That I have compromised your impartiality? That I have got you working for me, not yourself?

Newbies and oldbies scrambling for business: This is a scammer filled industry.

Carefully think through every situation to make sure you are not getting into an network marketing scheme that will fatten those at the top and putting you into a situation that will give your contacts to the "top," essentially become part of a glorified signing service who is charging you monthly and you'll be paying middlemen.

And, while you are thinking about being used, consider the individuals you involve yourself with who would like to keep you second-guessing yourself by telling you how to operate on a personal level. Do what you do for joy, not for pleasing others who are not writing your checks on signings.

http://brendatx.blogspot.com/2005_08_01_brendatx_archive.html
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 I got a call yesterday - same song, twelth verse... -  BrendaTx on 6/8/06 1:23pm
 Re: I got a call yesterday - same song, twelth verse... -  rengel/CA on 6/8/06 5:00pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.