Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Dark cloud over signing
Posted by  Brenda Stone of TX on 2/9/07 6:34am Msg #174857
**Both times they asked me "WHAT'S THIS?". I explained, although it's pretty obvious it's now their spouses sole and separate property. I would not offer an explaination as to why**

Larry, I don't explain what any kind of deed does even though I work for a real estate transaction attorney and "think" I know.

If I am asked, "what's this for?" I answer each and every time like this: "Oh, is this a surprise?? Were you not expecting to sign this instrument?"

Usually, the answer is that it is no surprise and yes, they knew they had to sign a deed but they still don't know why they have to; is it necessary?

=What were you told?

--They said I had to because blah, blah, blah but I still don't like it.

=Okay, well...if you don't want to then will you please write a note stating that?

--No, I'll sign.

-----------------

I am not going to tell them anything about what a deed does. I explain nothing. I only read aloud or point to a clearly identifiable term.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Dark cloud over signing -  Larry/Ca on 2/9/07 1:18am
 Re: Dark cloud over signing -  Brenda Stone on 2/9/07 6:34am
 Newbies take note here -  lenelle/FL on 2/9/07 9:02am
 Re: Newbies take note here - Tracey Foughty-Deavers on 2/9/07 9:45am
 Re: Newbies take note here - sue_pa on 2/9/07 10:00am
 Never an opinion or advise but...... -  Larry/Ca on 2/9/07 12:09pm
 Re: Never an opinion or advise but...... -  BrendaTx on 2/9/07 2:49pm
 Re: Never an opinion or advise but......correction -  BrendaTx on 2/9/07 2:59pm
 Well, Brenda I guess... -  Larry/Ca on 2/9/07 4:37pm
 Re: Well, Brenda I guess... -  BrendaTx on 2/9/07 5:15pm
 Re: Dark cloud over signing - Tracey Foughty-Deavers on 2/9/07 9:17am
 Re: Dark cloud over signing -  Stamper_WI on 2/9/07 9:27am
 but you are not there in the role of an attorney to anyone - ZeeCA on 2/9/07 9:27am
 Re: but you are not there in the role of an attorney to anyone - Tracey Foughty-Deavers on 2/9/07 10:18am
 Re: but you are not there in the role of an attorney to anyone - JAM/CA on 2/9/07 2:31pm
 We don't explain, but sometimes signer should - Gerry_VT on 2/9/07 6:50pm
 I completely disagree with this advice. Part of our job is -  Susan Fischer on 2/9/07 10:23pm
 Re: Susan Fischer completely disagrees - Gerry_VT on 2/10/07 10:07am
 Of course you're right in that context; mea culpa, I took -  Susan Fischer on 2/10/07 4:37pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.