Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: certification course
Posted by derf4me of ? on 6/23/04 10:34pm Msg #3440
When I did the cert test, I actually looked up the answers to each question in the book as I was taking it. It is an open book test, and the index is pretty good. Also, the test questions go (almost) in order through the book.

Now, you were asking about shortcuts for passing the test, and others who responded ASSUMED that that meant you would be negligent in gaining experience and conducting your business...shortcutting your business. I don't think that was a fair assumption.

I, like you, wanted to get certified before doing anything else, because I knew it would get me preferred listing. I then proceeded to do research, research, and more research on how to conduct my business professionally.

#1 - make sure your signingagent.com profile is up-to-date. If you don't get calls...don't sweat it. There may be a lot of NSA members in your area.

#2 - start researching the many ways to list your services. I keep reading from others that 123notary and the signing registry are excellent. I found that when I upgraded my notaryrotary listing...wow...I get most of my calls from that now! I'm the first or second name they come to in my area, so it was well worth the money for me. Do a notary search on different sites to see how saturated your area is.

The key is...if you rely on just the NNA site to get work, and you're just starting out...good luck. Get moving on registering with as many (quality) signing services as you can and take advantage of free listings out there.

Good luck.

And everyone else...TAKE IT EASY...GEEZ!

:-)
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 certification course - Irma on 6/23/04 8:40am
 Re: certification course - CarolynCO on 6/23/04 9:48am
 Re: certification course -  PAW Notary Services on 6/23/04 12:54pm
 Re: certification course - mike mchenry on 6/23/04 3:33pm
 Re: certification course - Stephanie on 6/23/04 6:29pm
 Re: certification course - Irma on 6/23/04 8:42pm
 Re: certification course - derf4me on 6/23/04 10:34pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.