Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

This is hilarious...
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 12/4/19 3:05pm Msg #613114
Had a signing very early this morning with a wine consultant and his wife. The first thing he said was, "when we bought our house two years ago, a notary came to us, all decked out with a lanyard that read NOTARY PUBLIC, carrying bag for his supplies, wipes for thumbprint process, a scanner, laptop, etc. and proceeded to tell us we needed to sign the documents as our names appeared on the documents." The first thing I was asked, "how long have you been doing this?" Sometimes I reply, "half a century almost!" or laughingly, "too long" or "all my life."

They both have one-of-a-kind, hieroglyphic signatures that basically stand out in a crowd, but definitely their signatures and these signatures match their IDs. The notary said, we can't except those, you have to sign as your name is printed on the documents. So these first time investment property borrowers did just that. The next day, escrow called and said "I'm sending another notary out. You need to sign your signature, not print your names." He was a new notary and he know nothing about what he was doing. (I securely wondered if they had been to the Loan Signing System training.)

We chuckled and I assured them this was not my first rodeo, and I know exactly what they are referring to.

We signed away and they were relieved that "I seemed to know what I was doing." It turned out that once upon a time he was a caddie at an exclusive country club golf resort for a number of celebrities, and I worked for the developer of that golf resort. We had lots to talk about.

It was a great event. The wife is a notary, but rarely uses it and is going to give it up.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 This is hilarious... -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/4/19 3:05pm
 Re: This is hilarious... - NVLSlady/VA on 12/4/19 3:35pm
 Re: This is hilarious... -  VT_Syrup on 12/4/19 5:02pm
 Name tag . . . last thing I'd do as a politician. - NVLSlady/VA on 12/4/19 7:21pm
 Re: This is hilarious... - NK_UT on 12/4/19 10:19pm
 Re: This is hilarious... -  Cheryl Elliott on 12/5/19 12:54am
 Re: This is hilarious... - NK_UT on 12/5/19 10:43am
 Re: This is hilarious... -  JanetK_CA on 12/5/19 8:18pm
 ROFLMAO! n/m -  Ernest__CT on 12/4/19 6:40pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.