Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: Signing up with Hire Notary
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 4/4/20 2:25am Msg #618491
I agree about the BBB. It's just another for-profit enterprise, as I understand it.

As for paid directories, there may be a couple out there worth it depending on where you live. This one comes to mind, for example. One good way to test (as I've said here many times before), is to put yourselves in the shoes of someone who may be looking for the services you offer. Do an internet search. If you can find that directory listed, then there's at least a chance a potential client could find you there. If not, it's unlikely others will either.

Having said that, there are maybe two or three others that have been known within the industry to various degrees over the years. I'm not sure how many of them are still in business. Also, they're considered competitors to this site, so we don't mention them here. (In fact, their names are blocked, which is only fair.) Regardless, I'm not aware of any of them ever sending out blast emails to promote themselves.

I'm not aware of a single one of those who do email mass marketing to notaries which is worth paying for. [In fact, i believe there's at least one who doesn't really even have a database of notaries that can be searched.]
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Signing up with Hire Notary - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 1:32pm
 Re: Signing up with Hire Notary - Kristin Muller on 4/3/20 1:49pm
 Re: Signing up with Hire Notary - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 6:02pm
 Step out there and let us know. - Philip Johnson on 4/3/20 2:04pm
 Re: Step out there and let us know. - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 5:58pm
 Spam--don't fall for these cos. that require you to pay. -  MW/VA on 4/3/20 2:43pm
 I can't believe that these scams continue to endure. It is - grapebed on 4/3/20 4:13pm
 Re: I can - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 5:55pm
 Re: Spam--don - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 5:56pm
 y'all must not come here often. been discussed many times. n/m - Mobile1/PA on 4/3/20 4:54pm
 Re: y - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 5:54pm
 Re: Signing up with Hire Notary - Leslie Cowan on 4/3/20 6:41pm
 Re: Signing up with Hire Notary -  Mike Goodey on 4/3/20 10:07pm
 Re: Signing up with Hire Notary -  JanetK_CA on 4/4/20 2:25am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.