Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

COVID-19 second wave: Over & Beyond
Posted by NVLSlady/VA of VA on 10/21/20 2:13pm Msg #625605
It really is good now to be thinking in terms of "over & beyond" precautions since cases are rising (NY Times said 70k cases since late July).

Here's what experts say:
What is settling in is "pandemic fatigue,” a lessening willingness to abide by strict protocols as the months of the pandemic stretch on. [Earlier], it was fear and a sense of, ‘We are all in it together.'"

Currently it seems attitudes are shifting towards non-compliance, borderline callousness and some measure of irresponsibility. May that not be the case with ethical professionals. Like I told an elderly signer of a single document, If I come inside your home I wouldn't be able to answer clients truthfully about where I've been (besides I don't know what I may have or who they've been around).

Requirements aren't the same as recommendations. Everyone knows what is NECESSARY. No way would I be in a crowd Or approach someone (whether inside or outside their home) Without a Mask. Not forcing any of my clients to comply. They're independent grown folk like me. It's about choices; these are my business standards (sent out in writing) during this time. I am unable to assist the "business as usual" population at this time. One article summed it up well: "Returning to normal life to a greater degree than is responsible has had dire ramifications."

A couple of nights ago I signed a couple outside their garage (it was pretty full). He asked if I wanted a seat (No thank you). I stood. I've made those adjustments. We had a large spotlight just as night set in, and a counter high metal table. I had my clipboard. I listened as they talked of plans they were making in weeks ahead with friends, some of whom signer was on phone with . . . me and wife kept bringing him back to earth. They'd just flown in from ?? I told them beforehand that if they were traveling internationally there'd be no signing - at least with me.

We had a nice time actually, and they really appreciated me coming to them. They even heard me sing in the moonlight Wink
We were all in high spirits. But things will be a changin' ... It's about to get colder and we all know this is just the tip of the proverbial Iceberg. East coast mobile workers have to be more concerned about safety. Are the people you habitate with really comfortable with you entering homes And interacting with unmasked signers?? Are we That Oblivious to the Asymptomatic spread of the nightmare virus which is Growing AND going unnoticed??

Yep, we're ALL tired but the pandemic Isn't.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How are all of U working feel about the second COVID-19 wave -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/21/20 9:19am
 From the experts ... -  Yoli/CA on 10/21/20 10:33am
 Re: How are all of U working feel about the second COVID-19 wave - Luckydog on 10/21/20 11:58am
 Same here. My feeling is that as long as I'm doing what I -  MW/VA on 10/21/20 1:32pm
 Well, up my way they opened schools, some parents - Linda_H/FL on 10/21/20 1:42pm
 Re: Well, up my way they opened schools, some parents -  JanetK_CA on 10/21/20 4:46pm
 COVID-19 second wave: Over & Beyond - NVLSlady/VA on 10/21/20 2:13pm
 Re: COVID-19 second wave: Over & Beyond - NVLSlady/VA on 10/21/20 2:24pm
 Well said Michelle...agree - Linda_H/FL on 10/21/20 2:25pm
 Re: Well said Michelle...agree - Luckydog on 10/21/20 2:32pm
 Thanks, Linda. Good you didn't have to make that 2nd call. - NVLSlady/VA on 10/21/20 2:35pm
 still pretty normal here - CST on 10/21/20 3:32pm
 Re: How are all of U working feel about the second COVID-19 wave -  JanetK_CA on 10/21/20 9:11pm
 Well, I don't have them sign.Only ensure they have & concur. n/m - NVLSlady/VA on 10/21/20 10:06pm
 Cool. That's simple enough! Thanks for clarifying. n/m -  JanetK_CA on 10/22/20 3:33pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.