Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Been years since title would allow me to let borrower markup
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 1/12/21 8:38am Msg #628416
their loan documents. Vesting held in a successor trust, and the signature block duplicated the language UNDER THE TRUST DATED XX/XX/XXXX. The borrower was so irritated that lender couldn't get this right, she whined incessantly.

I contacted title and they said to allow the borrower to line out and initial every signature block in the package, which was probably 12 times. Every time she did, she sighed heavily and shook her head. To make matters worse, her LO left the company last week, and she had no help with the digital portion of her online review of documents, so she had not seen the CD before I arrived.

It took a long time to get through the signing. Sometimes you just have to grit your teeth, grin and bear it. You know how difficult it is to get people on the line at title while you're at the signing to get clear direction so that it doesn't become a redraw. I got right through to someone who could assist us.

I was already the second notary assigned to this borrower, since the first notary called in "sick". She was irritated by the delay and the additional cost. She is a retired attorney and discovered many typos in her documents, I calmly explained these could be corrected with the correction agreement (although they won't be, they've been there forever. Lender doesn't care.)

Our signing took an hour and a half, this is historically long for me. I'm usually finished in 30 to 40 minutes. She did make a cup of tea for me, as we sat outside and it was quite cool in the late afternoon as the late afternoon breezes came across the duck pond nearby. She thanked me profusely for my patience and endurance.

I came home and collapsed. A very busy, interactive day with clients! I don't know what is worse, engineers or attorneys as clients who pick, pick, pick apart their documents, and these days they don't get to see their documents before the notary shows up.

GRRR!
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Been years since title would allow me to let borrower markup -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/21 8:38am
 To boot, client a former real estate fraud attorney -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/12/21 9:09am
 Re: To boot, client a former real estate fraud attorney - NVLSlady/VA on 1/12/21 12:43pm
 my worst nit-pickers/readers were - notarydi/CA on 1/12/21 3:07pm
 Re: my worst nit-pickers/readers were -  Cheryl Elliott on 1/13/21 7:47am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.