Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form?
Posted by  SheilaSJCA of CA on 2/17/21 3:31pm Msg #629619
FYI, there is no extension provision for notaries public with commissions expiring after Nov, 3, 2020. I was wondering the same thing myself, as my commission expired Dec 20 2020. I did not have an option to extend with a bond, etc. I called to verify this with SOS and my county. I assume this is because the counties are expecting the turnaround to be more like norma these days.
Fortunately, I did get my new commission and was able to file to get my conformed bond back, before my commission expired, (so I did not lose any time without a commission) after having to file it via certified mail, following the requirements in my county. Of course this only applies to applicants that submitted their completed application far enough in advance to get it processed and bond filed and proof of conformed copy before their existing commission expires. You have 30 days to file your bond after you get the new commission. It was close though, the new bond was recorded 12/14/20. I started the whole process with testing in mid August.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form? - Jose Gutierrez on 2/9/21 4:34pm
 Issued by the SoS - Kellosh/CA on 2/9/21 8:47pm
 Re: Issued by the SoS - Jose Gutierrez on 2/9/21 9:01pm
 Re: How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form? -  canotaryhere on 2/10/21 12:29am
 Re: How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form? -  JanetK_CA on 2/10/21 2:41pm
 Re: How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form? - Jose Gutierrez on 2/10/21 7:02pm
 Re: How do you get a CA Notary Oath of office Form? -  SheilaSJCA on 2/17/21 3:31pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.