Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

A little edgy going to no mobile phone connectivity areas
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 10/8/21 11:14am Msg #635561
Yesterday I traveled, not that far out, but realized suddenly I was completely off the grid in wine country, no power lines, no phone lines, and miles of chip gravel roadway crossing four cattle guards and little vegetation given our current extreme drought conditions. It is not great fall weather, 1 pm, no fog.

Grape harvest is in process, so lots of pickers out, I was not alone. But I wondered, if no one were around, I had a blowout, would I have to hike out for miles to get a cell phone connection, or how would AAA find me, or ??

Suddenly I found myself in the front of a huge metal barn that had been converted to living space, called a barndominium, on 1200 acres, in the middle of nowhere.

Borrower is a LA firefighter, and we were able to access his wifi to sign his digital documents with no problem.

All my hesitations suddenly disappeared, when I was then able to connect my Android phone to his wifi to get an authentication code so we could access his refi documents.

Done deal. First time ever I've had a signing off-grid, and it was a snap.

PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 A little edgy going to no mobile phone connectivity areas -  Cheryl Elliott on 10/8/21 11:14am
 Off-grid more often than On-grid here. Not a snap! - Lee/AR on 10/8/21 1:13pm
 Re: Off-grid more often than On-grid here. Not a snap! - shesanotary on 10/12/21 3:57pm

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.