Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: New scam - Yep, but not so new...
Posted by  JanetK_CA of CA on 2/7/22 8:08pm Msg #638188
Some scammers spoof names of real people at real title companies. (The real person is probably getting bombarded with phone calls letting them know.) They've even copied logos and some of the disclaimer language and graphics at the bottom of email signatures. I even had one not too long ago where they copied the email signature from at least 3 or 4 different companies... LOL! That one was pretty easy to figure out as a scam! Wink

As IAC stated, a look at the email domain often gives them away. If I have any doubt (like if I AM expecting docs from the company they're spoofing), I'll check with my client to be safe.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 New scam - IAC on 2/7/22 4:24pm
 Re: New scam - Yep, but not so new... -  JanetK_CA on 2/7/22 8:08pm
 All you need to know about spoofed email headers - MikeC/TX on 2/7/22 11:25pm
 ...spoofed email headers...highly recommended - VT_Syrup on 2/8/22 8:56am
 Re: New scam - Signerbill on 2/8/22 11:17am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.