Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

Re: I refuse to do loan app signings. The way you describe your
Posted by  Cheryl Elliott of CA on 2/27/20 8:40am Msg #616220
A few years ago, I swore them off my radar screen, when a signer couldn't sign her name the same way twice and could not remember the date every time she needed to date. The daughter, a realtor and a notary, wanted to "assist" her mother, when I said NO CAN DO, she said, well, I have POA, I informed her that needed to be worked out long before the signing event. Turned out POA can't be used in a RM signing.

We adjourned. I contacted my hiring party, the daughter called the escrow/title company and threatened to sue me, them and everyone else she could. She was a maniac!

My signer last night, although a little hard of hearing, sweet 88 yo widower and so grateful that I was his notary twice, got him through the sheave of paperwork with little effort. He is sharp as a tack and facing reality of his future care by his daughter who lives nearby.

I don't do many RM because they are no win/wins for me. With the incredible fees charged, we are once again at the bottom rung of the fee ladder.
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 Reverse Mortgage APP & Loan Signing -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/26/20 4:41pm
 I refuse to do loan app signings. The way you describe your - ananotary on 2/26/20 7:28pm
 Re: I refuse to do loan app signings. The way you describe your - NK_UT on 2/26/20 8:36pm
 Many of the same reasons listed below. - ananotary on 2/27/20 8:53am
 One reason I quit doing them....was the proviso - Linda_H/FL on 2/27/20 9:12am
 Re: One reason I quit doing them....was the proviso -  Expeditor on 2/28/20 12:51pm
 Re: I refuse to do loan app signings. The way you describe your - NK_UT on 2/27/20 10:04am
 Re: I refuse to do loan app signings. The way you describe your -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/27/20 8:40am
 Re: Reverse Mortgage APP & Loan Signing - shooterclay on 2/26/20 9:15pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage APP & Loan Signing - pdl/cali on 2/26/20 9:24pm
 Re: Reverse Mortgage APP & Loan Signing -  Cheryl Elliott on 2/27/20 7:41am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.