Join  |  Login  |   Cart    

Notary Rotary
Just PoliticsLeisure
Welcome to the Notary Talk General Discussion Forum. Before posting, please read the

signing company doesn't get it
Posted by  canotaryhere of CA on 9/7/20 10:16pm Msg #624137
I did several signings for a company involving several people all from another country who all work together. The next thing I know I get a call about one of the docs in one of the packages where I used the drivers license for one ID and the foreign passport for the other ID on the patriot act. He said they wanted one photo ID and one non photo ID and to call the borrower and have him tell me his SS number over the phone and write it down. I explained that first of all, there was nothing wrong with the foreign passport and that I had used the same 2 forms of ID for all the other signings I had done. and that I had signed that form stating I had personally examined the documents and that the SS number was already typed on the form. He said they want the notary to write it in her handwriting and I told him that we don't notarize that form so we don't sign it as a notary. This went on throughout the entire day and into the next day. Then he starts calling me about the signature affidavit in another package. He said that because the name variation signatures did not match all the other signatures in the package that it had to be resigned. I explained that the name variations signatures were to be signed as the name variation was printed and this was 2 weeks ago and he still doesnt get it.
First of all, if I had called the borrower and told them they wouldn't accept his foreign passport as ID, that could have caused a discrimination suit because there were no issues with any of the other loan packages where I had used the same type of ID. and the signature affidavits were all executed in the same manner in all the other packages. I just wonder how many other people he has told to do things incorrectly.
Sorry this was so long
PrevNextReturn to General Discussion    Post a Public Reply to this MessageSend Author a Private Message

Messages in this Thread
 signing company doesn't get it -  canotaryhere on 9/7/20 10:16pm
 can you post which signing service you're referring to...? -  CPNS2006 on 9/8/20 3:31am
 Ridiculous! It shows that the co. doesn't know what the -  MW/VA on 9/8/20 8:17am
 No they can't dictate what types of ID the notary - Linda_H/FL on 9/8/20 9:27am
 Re: signing company doesn -  Cheryl Elliott on 9/8/20 8:20am
 Re: signing company doesn -  Yoli/CA on 9/8/20 8:46am
 Good question Yoli! - Linda_H/FL on 9/8/20 9:29am
 Re: signing company doesn - Luckydog on 9/8/20 9:38am
 Re: signing company doesn -  canotaryhere on 9/8/20 10:03am
 Re: signing company doesn -  Marcia Morris on 9/10/20 1:20am

Find a Notary   Notary Supplies   Terms   Privacy Statement   Help/FAQ   About   Contact Us   Archive  

Notary Rotary™ is a trademark of Notary Rotary. Copyright © 2002-2024, Notary Rotary, Inc.  All rights reserved.
500 New York Ave, Des Moines, IA 50313.